Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 04:03 PM
    Emergency temporary custody
    I had temp custudy of my niece,that was not court orderd ,the mother singed a letter for 6months. So she could get her life together,instesd she only got worse warrants,drugs and jail. She came and took the baby back after the 6months is their anything, I can to to get her back.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 01:20 AM

Which state
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by missher View Post
    I had temp custudy of my niece,that was not court orderd ,the mother singed a letter for 6months. so she could get her life together,instesd she only got worse warrants,drugs and jail. she came and took the baby back after the 6months is their anything, I can to to get her back.
    As already asked, where are you located? Laws vary by region and we really can't advise you if we don't know where you reside.

You're saying that the mother signed a letter giving you temporary guardianship of the child for six months - and then after those six months went by, she came and picked up the child?

Can you prove that the child is unsafe or in harm's way when placed with the mother? Have you contacted Child Protective Services in your area?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get temporary emergency custody order, chicago [ 3 Answers ]

I have filed for guardianship and the court date is not until sept 2. Its my 9 year old niece and ny 13 year old nephew. My brother is their father and he was murdered in 2006. Their mom has yet to provide a stable home. I think I need emergency temp. custody until sept 2. how do I get the...

How do I get temporary custody or emergency custudy [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are split up and we are filing for divorce, I currently staying with my mother till I get financially stable again.He took the car and everything.So I'm starting over.We have a 4 yr old daughter together and he took her over the weekend,He called Friday night and then he never...

Temporary custody vs final custody [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am the father of 2 16 month old twin girls, we went to court and I have temp custody. Mother is charged with domestic abuse. My question is.. if I have had temp custody for over a half a year and the kids are doing great, would it be hard for me to keep being custodial parent in joint custody...

Emergency temporary custody [ 1 Answers ]

How to long does it take to get emergency temporary custody in Florida

View more questions Search