Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanmcf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 06:00 AM
    How long can I wait to make a home owners claim/
    2 months ago our upstairs toilet overflowed and came through my dining room wetting a few boards of my hardwood floor. We have never made an insurance claim and my husband told me it was too small a claim we should take care of it ourselves. He fixed the toilet and we cleaned everything and my husband drilled some holes in the ceiling to release excess water. We borrowed large fans to dry everything. Now I noticed some of my hardwood floors are wrinkled and there is still a stain on the ceiling. I think I should have made a claim is it too late?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2010, 06:05 AM

Depends on the company - mine requires a claim within 30 days.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 06:17 AM

Since they can not review all of the damage, and see the cause ( you fixed it) I would say it is too late, but you will not know unless you call the agent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I file a home owners claim ? [ 4 Answers ]

I just remodeled my house a few weeks ago. Today it just flooded due to a back up that appears to be in the main drain. Water got under my new laminate floors, counter cabinets and into the walls. Most water seems to have come out of the dish washer. Should I call state farm and report it it would...

How long do I wait? [ 1 Answers ]

Let me tell you my history.... + pregnancy test May 9......miscarriage May 11 (2007) HSG test (can improve fertility) on August 23. + OPK August 28. I am currently 11 days late, still -- hpt. When I got my + with the m/c I did not get it until I was 15 days late. I just called my OB and the...

How long do I wait? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I was dating a girl for about 4 months. We knew each other from work. She had told me that she had a crush on me from the first day she met me. We are both 27. About 3 1/2 weeks ago she told me that she still cares a lot about me but she just can't do this right now. I excepted her...

View more questions Search