Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donrosco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
    I have a 17 year kitchenaid top load washing machine and the agitator is not working
    I have a kitchenaid washing machine and the bottom portion of the agitator only turns briskly in one direction in the normal cycle. The agitator won't wig wag and it makes aloud thumping noise.The clothes get all wrapped up tight around the agitator as a result.The only cycle that it agitates properly is in the delicate cycle.
    Is it the transmission, I've changed the clutch and dogs a while ago.
    What could it be.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 06:16 PM

Possibly transmission but @17 years it's time for a new one. You'll spend more time and money and still have a 17 yr. old washer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Top Load Whirlpool Washing Machine during spin cycle makes a loud noise [ 0 Answers ]

The washing machine makes a loud squeeking/rubbing noise on spin cycle. About a year or so I started finding silver balls rolling at the bottom of the washer basket. 8 years old and is a Whirlpool Top Load Help!

Washing machine agitator [ 5 Answers ]

My Whirlpool washing machine has stopped agitating. The motor sounds good, but the solenoid is not pulling up the magnetic arms. I've ohm'd the solenoid, and both are about 700. (I've heard they should be between 250 and 1000) so I'm assuming its OK. I've replaced the timer... no luck. Any...

Top load whirlpool style washing machine will not spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed motor and gearbox/transmission from cabinet. I had to replace the drive/motor coupler on a previous washer so I thought that may have been the problem this time also. I separated the motor from gear box to check the coupler. It was NOT broken. I tried to start the washer with it out...

View more questions Search