Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MadisonKnudsen Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2010, 02:02 PM
    Hamstring injury
    On Friday I went down into my splits really to fast and I felt I pain when I landed and I told my cheer coach and she said I probably pulled my hamstring, its now Sunday and my hamstring doesn't feel that bad its on like Mild (Grade I) Hamstring Injury and I have daily doubled starting Monday for two weeks and I was wondering what I could do to make it heal fast I iced it yesterday and I've been putting on ice hot and I also have a brace on my thigh
    ShawnDS Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2010, 10:19 PM
    Ice is very important the first 72 hours to minimize the scar tissue. Scar tissue is not our friend at its very non flexible tissue that has mended the muscle tear. You need to stretch carefully but only after the 72 hour time of injury time or you WILL cause more damage. Pain the is the only way our bodies can let us know there is something wrong, so make sure you listen. You should consult a massage or physical therapist that can perform ultrasound to help break down some of the scar tissue. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hamstring injury won't go away, why is that? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a dancer have been for 10 years , I'm 16years old and I injured my hamstring last year while doing a competition dance I knew what it was when I pulled it since I pulled my other hamstring before. Ever since I pulled my right one last year it does not want to go away like it will start feeling...

Self Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I didn't quite know where to post this so I tried here... Anyway, I know that self injury is typical of someone who has been abused through childhood, but I seemed to be OK there for a few months... now Im taking social work in college which didn't bother me till today when we watched a video...

View more questions Search