Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buffy69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 07:09 AM
    Does linseed oil kill fish
    I have a wooden bridge that needs wood preservative - does linseed/danish oil kill fish as there would be a certain amount of spillage?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 10:19 AM

I would say that if it is not part of a fishes natural environment, that it will more then likely kill your fish.

You need to remember, in tanks, things that typically would not harm fish in the wild, will kill tank fish.

Is this a new wooden ornament? I have read many places that putting wood in tanks isn't the best of ideas. It should be completely soaked prior to placing in a tank. Water naturally preserves wood... It might not look pretty in 6 months, but it should decay.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 10:26 AM

I'm thinking.. she is talking about putting a bridge over a pond? She said "spillage", can you take the bridge away form the pond to preserve it? It will most likely kill your fish.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 10:29 AM

I only read the first part :P I need to stop doing it.

Yes, if it is not part of a fishes natural environment, then it will more then likely kill your fish or make them VERY sick
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 10:39 AM

Haha lucky, it's okay :)
    GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Nov 17, 2010, 07:10 AM

Anything that can get into the water will kill, especially oil based products. Treat it and let it weather away from the pond for a while before putting it back.
    P.S. Emily is right, I reacted before I read all post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About omega-3 fish oil. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 24 yrs old. I have no complications at all. But before 2 yrs I got damage in my right shoulder while I was playing volleyball. It caused damage in my shoulder joint, a nerve problem. I am regularly taking multivitamins, minerals so may omega-3 will be helpful? And it is then what should be...

Is linseed oil the same as flax seed oil [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Gentlemen. The question I am asking is this one: is linseed oil and Flax seed oil are the one and the same.. I have been researching and have found that both oils come from the dried seeds of the flax plant ( linum usitatissimum,Linaceae). My main reason I have asked this question...

Fish oil and dogs [ 7 Answers ]

I was told by a vet that I could give my dog fish oil or fish oil pills to improve his skin and make his coat more shiny among other health benefits. I just started giving him a pill a day about two weeks ago. What I want to know is if it is normal when first starting this for some of his poop to...

Fish oil medicine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Can any one suggest me a good company for the fish oil medicine. Thanks Yed

Fish oil and aspirin [ 2 Answers ]

Is taking fish oil supplements a day beneficial like aspirin? I am wary because aspirin is hard on the stomach.

View more questions Search