Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommy2gio Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2006, 04:30 PM
    Ph level?
    Hello everyone, so this is probably a weird question but how do I find out what my PH level is? I need to know if I have a high acidic level or high alkiline(sp?) level and I guess you can find that out based on your PH level. Are there kits for this that I can get at the drug store? And if so does a high PH level mean that you're your more acidic are alkiline(sp?). I am really lost when it comes to this stuff. Any info would be great
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 22, 2006, 06:25 PM
    I am not sure why you are asking this question, but you need a stable acidic pH urine level to keep your body clean of bacteria.

pH levels are different for every fluid in your body.

A value of 7 is neutral, below 7 is acid (or acidic) above 7 is alkaline.

If you can clear up why you need to know I may have more answers for you.

As for kits you can buy, I suppose you can use lithmus strips, but again, you confuse me as to why you need to know this.

Dec 26, 2006, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I am not sure why you are asking this question, but you need a stable acidic pH urine level to keep your body clean of bacteria.

Thank you for your reply. I was just curious as to how you find this out because I heard if you are trying to conceive a baby and you want to try for a girl than you need to have a higher acidic level. Im not trying to be greedy it's just that my husband and I have two boys(that we love unconditionally) and we have decided to have our third and last child and were hoping for a girl. In a recent post I had just asked for fun old wives tales and I got some great ones. But I also read about the acidic levels and thought"well that sounds interesting, lets give that a try". So I guess my question should have been...

" I need to get a higher acidic PH level... first how do I achieve that and second how do I test it?

Thanks again for your reply and if you have any other info that would be greatly appreciated!

I love my boys more than anything and would love any child god gave me Im just making an effort for a girl but whatever happens happens
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2006, 11:53 AM
    How about hope a pray for a healthy child. Except the child whether it is a boy or not. It is important to know that many of these theories are just that theories. There is no guarantee.

Joe
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2006, 11:58 AM
    Yes, these are theories only. Your pH levels should be leveld throughout. If you increase acidity you run the risk of certain illnesses just as if you increase the alkalinity. Your pH levels should always be the same, if not, then you are surely in for a visit to the hospital.

One thing we look for in lab values is the acidity and alkalinity of the blood, if they are even the tiniest bit off it is quite a cause for concern.

As Joe sai, pray, there is little else you can do really.

Dec 26, 2006, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    How about hope a pray for a healthy child. Except the child whether it is a boy or not. It is important to know that many of these theories are just that theories. There is no guarantee.

Joe

I appreciate your response. I hope and pray everyday that god will bless us with another healthy child. Originally I posted a question about oldwives tales because we wanted to have some fun with this. Our first two were unplanned(surprises) and this time around we wanted to plan it. Then someone suggested the acidic level theory(yes I understand it's a theory) so we thought it wouldn't hurt to try. I hope you don't think I was being rude as to wish for a girl. Of course I want a healthy child who doesn't? I was just curious.

Dec 26, 2006, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Yes, these are theories only. Your pH levels should be leveld throughout. If you increase acidity you run the risk of certain illnesses just as if you increase the alkalinity. Your pH levels should always be the same, if not, then you are surely in for a visit to the hospital.

One thing we look for in lab values is the acidity and alkalinity of the blood, if they are even the tiniest bit off it is quite a cause for concern.

As Joe sai, pray, there is little else you can do really.

Thank you!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Mommy,

I was not thinking that your rude at all, but I think having a child is a blessing and it is an exciting time trying to guess or figure out whether it is a boy or girl. I do understand that, but my wife and I had an experience of a miscarriage our first time. Now we a have a healthy beautiful boy. So My thoughts are if you are going to try for a baby, you need to be stress free, you need to be completetly relaxed and put it into Gods hands. I know lots of people like to try out different theories but I do believe that there is nothing wrong with hoping for a girl or boy, but the greatest hope and most important is hoping and praying for a healthy child. Boy or girl. Since it is just a theory, but as J9 has stated there are dangers lurking if your levels are too high and you could end up getting a illness.

Anyway, I am wishing you the best. Good luck with your planning for another baby. Let us know what you have? Whenever you do get pregnant. (;

Joe

Dec 26, 2006, 03:17 PM
    Thank you I will!
    S78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 07:03 AM
    Hi there ,

I am interested to know about PH level how to monitor ,I have three beautiful girls and I'm thankful to God for healthy children ,I belong to Asian culture and its very important to have boy in the family need help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How level should it be. [ 6 Answers ]

We have just installed our first above ground pool. It is an 18' round pool with metal poles that hold up the liner (Intex brand). We have checked the water level and found that the difference in water level height is approx. 3-1/2 inches from one side of the pool to the other. Is this a huge...

Critical level [ 2 Answers ]

The desired one inch above the overflow pipe puts the unit above the top rige of the toilet. Should I cut the overflow plastic pipe.

How can I level my above ground pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I bought a pool last year, I think its about 14', its not one of those super nice ones with the deck attached or anything, just one of those 400 dollar ones from wal*mart... but I could never get it to stay up.. I think it was just not level enough last year, it would stay up fine for a couple...

Best concrete to use to level floor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I covered a concrete patio and am now is used as a sunroom. The room is 10' by 10' and slopes 2". I would prefer to have a level floor. I see there are self leveling products but I don't think that is necessary as I can trowel concrete no problem. Is it OK to us basic concrete without...

View more questions Search