Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris24428 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Child second hand cocaine addiction
    I have a 2yr old daughter that I have full temporary custudy. My ex fiancé is a cocain/pill addict. She has supervized visitation with her parents a couple days a week. When I have my daughter on a regular she is calm and sweet as can be, but when I get her back she is bouncing of the walls, hitting, slapping, bitting, screaming, DARKNESS around the eyes like she hasent slept for days. I know that the mother doesn't smoke or sniff cocaine in the house with her. My question is, can a child pick up a second hand high off the parent from hugging and clinging to each other.

I heard the if the addict has gottn high. That the vapors can come from the nose or mouth and residue from clothes and hair or even sweat.

Is this true?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 05:23 PM

You can get a second hand high from cocaine only if the other person is smoking it and you are actively inhaling the fumes. You CANNOT get a second hand high from just hugging a person or having them breathe on you.

She might just be staying up late and not getting her proper rest if this is a supervised visit with her folks present. They are probably letting her stay up late as a "treat" not realzing the child needs her rest. You might want to bring this dark circles under the eyes not getting enough rest look to her parents the next time you take her there and see what they have to say about it.

Also, if you are still suspicious about this child's erratic behavior you might want to have the child drug tested as mama just might be slipping her some kind of pills that the parents are not aware of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second hand smoke from crack cocain [ 1 Answers ]

I have to go for blood test, I do not smoke crake but my roommate does will second hand smoke show up in the blood test

Child care and addiction [ 6 Answers ]

I am a fireman. I work 24hrs on 48 off. I found out my wife has a serious addiction to prescription oxycotin. She wants help. Her doctor chose her as his first suboxone patient. We are currently waiting. Meanwhile he took her off her meds cold turkey due to abuse. Myself and my beautiful children...

Second Hand Smoke on a Child [ 12 Answers ]

My 9yo nephew lives with his mom(single parent) who is a excessive smoker who smokes INSIDE:mad: their home even when my nephew is around. I sometimes visit them in their apartment but could not stay for long because I will end up smelling like an ashtray even if I stay for a few minutes. She...

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

View more questions Search