Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    osckar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 03:39 PM
    Is Nostradamus lier ?
    (Nostradamus)
    It seems like that man gave us a proof about 2012 ,by mean what it's going to happen ,no one can say: "I don't feel that something strange is happening arround the world", Sun becoming more strong ,Earthquake one after one, tsunamis etc. What is the answer, is he lier or what? Please your comments and thanks.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 03:41 PM
    There is nothing out of the ordinary happening.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 03:56 PM

What are your beliefs? I myself believe in God. I also believe he is the only one who knows when the world will end.

If you don't believe in God then it's up to you to believe what you want to about Nostradamus.

The prophets in the Bible and the Lord himself gave signs we could see and know that the end of time is near.

Wars and rumors of war. Earthquakes , pestilence etc.
    If you don't believe in God then I can't tell how Nostradamus foretold the future.

I know he was a Christian Prophet
    So I guess he would have taken a lot of what he foretold from the Bible.

That's my opinion and what I believe.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 21, 2010, 04:20 PM

There have always been wars and natural disasters in the world. Fifty years ago, we didn't hear about problems and disasters until they were finally reported on the radio or in newspapers, often a day or two (or longer) after they had happened.

Now, communication is so instantaneous that I will see headlines on my computer's Yahoo News less than a minute after something has happened. And we hear about small wars and disasters that we never would have heard about in the past.

Instant communication and intense interest in the world's happenings mean that we are constantly bombarded with negative news. It just seems like the world is getting in worse shape.

The world will not be destroyed in 2012. That year was just the end of a cycle in the Mayan calendar. That lie has been refuted many times by scientists and anthropologists.

I wouldn't call Nostradamus a liar, but I certainly wouldn't quote him.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by osckar View Post
    (Nostradamus)
    It seems like that man gave us a proof about 2012 ,by mean what it's going to happen ,no one can say: "I don't feel that something strange is happening arround the world", Sun becoming more strong ,Earthquake one after one, tsunamis etc. What is the answer, is he lier or what? please your comments and thanks.
    You can pretty much mold any of his predictions to fit what you want to pick out of history. How many times was the world supposedly going to end?
    The sun goes through cycles, many earthquakes, and their aftershocks, happen around the world every single day every year, natural disasters are not uncommon.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 04:32 PM

I believe there is only one person who knows and that is God. I know the Bible says , "No man knows the day or the hour"

I know what I believe and it isn't
    What everyone believes, but I feel
    In my heart it won't be 2012.

It could be today or tomorrow or twenty years from now but it will happen. That's my opinion.

As I said we all have different beliefs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2010, 04:44 PM

My God, think of it, people are taking advice from me and excon on how to live their lives, if that is not a sign for the end of the world, nothing ever will be
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    My God, think of it, people are taking advice from me and excon on how to live their lives, if that is not a sign for the end of the world, nothing ever will be
    Too funny! :D
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 04:47 PM

Lol:D:D
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 10:01 AM

From what I gather, it was not Nostradmus, but the Mayans who some believe predicted the end on Dec. 22 2012.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by galactus View Post
    From what I gather, it was not Nostradmus, but the Mayans who some believe predicted the end on Dec. 22 2012.
    Right! Nostradamus is "credited" with lots of "predictions," but none that are so specific as to pin-point December 2012 as a special date in any wayl It's modern doom-sayers who have picked on one version of an old Mayan calendar that presumably ends in December 2012, but note that there are other versions of the Mayan calendar that keeps on going past that date. In any event, there is no credible evidence for any of the "end of world" predictions. And even if te Mayan's calendar wasn't sophisticated enough to go past a certain date - so what? If they were so smart, how'd they let their civilization come to an end?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is She A Lier Or Is He A Player? [ 9 Answers ]

Right... this is probably going to sound rather silly and pathetic but hey, I need help! My best mate introduced me to a guy on msn... he's known him for a while and said he was a decent guy and he thought we'd get on well so we started talking... we've been talking for a few months now and I...

Is there a cure for a Lier person? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, its my first time to ask a question for all of you guys... ;) And here it goes... I have my first boyfriend and we've been together for 5 years from now... we've always fight everyday... even in a small things... because of all his stupid lies... some say its just a white lies but how...

Am I a lier? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so this girl told me she liked me and wanted to go out with me. Tonight I asked her what she would think of me and her and she said dno :O. She also said on the phone to this other guy that there was a posssibility that she would go out with him. What do I do? I want to ask her out and make out...

View more questions Search