Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    douchrti Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Dec 22, 2006, 12:44 PM
    What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus?
    Just curious as to what works best for you?

Take care,

Happy Holidays to you and yours
    krusty671 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 01:23 PM
    I like the symantec antivirus (only the virus scan, not firewall, spam tools, web tools etc), and for spyware.. I think the best free tool is Ad-aware. Counterspy is not free, but it works well.
    douchrti Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Dec 22, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Thanks you guys,

Im using BitDefender right now, but for years I had been using Ad-Aware and Avast with Sygate firewall.

Take care,
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 22, 2006, 06:42 PM
    I've been using Avast for years and love it. I also recommend ZoneAlarm. Ad-Aware is great too.
    coolbalan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 02:22 AM
    Hi, the best ever anti spyware and anti virus I have come acress is Pandasoft.. u can download it from Panda Software. Protection against viruses, Spyware, Spam and other Internet threats, online scan is free but u have to purchase it, else try sunbeltscan from CounterSpy Scan. Reply whether it worked or not. Bye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Info: Free Anti-Virus [ 2 Answers ]

According to some recent research by a group called "Get Safe Online", a whopping 17% of people do not have a virus scanner on their PC. 23% people also do not have a firewall (Source). These stats did amaze me when I first saw them. In today's society where major virus outbreaks hit the main...

Microsoft Anti-spyware beta [ 11 Answers ]

According to the Washington Post,Microsoft's Anti-spyware software (beta),reckons that Norton Anti-virus is a password stealer,plus other things: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/02/microsoft_antispyware_deleting_1.html Microsoft are apparently,albeit slowly,(unannounced)...

AVG Anti Virus getting erros [ 2 Answers ]

?? Hi Using Winxp Home I can install the free version (not the trial) the actual free version of AVG anti virus, the install is OK When I try to open it and use it I get a "Missing DLL SHELL" error AVG will not help because I am using the "free" version Any ideas? Have uninstalled and...

Anti-Virus download problems [ 2 Answers ]

My wife has an older Dell PC with Windows98SE and has been unable to download any of the free anti-virus or anti-spyware programs (which I have downloaded on my newer WinXP PC). When attempting to download nothing happens - no error message, etc. Any help will be appreciated. Jlh

Norton Anti Virus Protection [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone use this, if so, I need help. I know that with window updates, you need to download all critical updates. I assumed the same to be true with this program. Guys I normally use the computer in my office, that is maintained by a computer department. So I am learning the hard way. As...

View more questions Search