Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Belindadietrich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 11:02 AM
    Legal binding on new house contract
    I recently signed papers to purchase a house (35 days ago) but just found out I was misinformed about the loan. I was misled and lied to about the loan contract. What I signed for is not how they explained to me. They (mortgage broker and titlle agency) intentionally gave me false information to gain a loan. My question is: "how long after signing papers can I legally void or get out of contract?" Is there anything I can do now?
    Thanks so much!
    Belinda Dietrich
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Dec 22, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Belindadietrich
    I recently signed papers to purchase a house (35 days ago) but just found out I was misinformed about the loan. I was misled and lied to about the loan contract. What I signed for is not how they explained to me. They (mortgage broker and titlle agency) intentionally gave me false information to gain a loan. My question is: "how long after signing papers can I legally void or get out of contract?" Is there anything I can do now?
    thanks so much!
    Belinda Dietrich
    I am not an attorney and an attorney is your best source of advice. You didn't say if you were approved for the loan or not, you didn't say if you specfied in the offer to purchase that the sale was contingent upon your being approved for financing? Maybe if you could answer these, someone can give you an answer. Also, it would be helpful if you mentioned how much "earnest" money you put down if any.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2006, 09:53 PM
    There are too many varables here, what are the terms of the contract to buy, most have areas that cover getting a mortgage,

Next exactly what have you signed, have you already closed ? If you have that is too late to do anything,

Have you merely requested a mortgage but have not signed the mortgage papers yet ? If so, then keep hunting for another mortgage, go to another mortgage broker or call the mortgage broker names and tell him he lied and that you won't take anything short of what he promsied.

Remember what he does he tell you what he may get, he then shops around ( he has no idea what he will really get till he gets it)
    And then he offers you the deal he gets, you can either accept that mortgage or turn it down.

So if you will explain in much, much more detail we may be able to help you.

Remember loan and title laws vary by state to state in the US, before you close they have to give you a very detailed paper that explains every cost of the settlement on the home, and the lender has to give you an exact cost of your loan. If you have received those, you were legally informed of your costs.

And until you actually sign the loan and do the closing, you can always back out, ( although you can lose your earnest money in some cases)
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 23, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Belindadietrich
    thanks so much!
    Belinda Dietrich
    Breach of contract on there part can be done on your behalf. They breached the contract by lying. But you can't get blood out of a turnup if it isn't there. If you have proof that means can you prove they lied? Do you have paper work that has the lying part on it? You can't go to court by saying this and that, you must have witnesses, or written proof they lied. I always use emails or written paperwork for this very thing that can happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal Agreement- Binding or No? [ 6 Answers ]

I am in Ohio. I have a verbal agreement with someone. The agreement was that he would purchase some software and equipment for me, and that I would pay him back with a percentage of the proceeds of the small business I was starting. He became angry with me and now wants me to give him back his...

Breaking a leasing contract for an apartment in Texas to purchanse a new house [ 4 Answers ]

Do I have any other way to get out if I breach a contract agreement with the apartment, because I want to buy a new home, and the new home is a really good offer not to miss out? Could you let me know. Thanks

Is my lease still legally binding? [ 2 Answers ]

As of June 1 2006, my 1 year lease was up and I was to continue my rental agreement with a month to month lease following he fullfilment of this one year lease. As of July 1 2006 the rental property was taken over by a new property owner. I never signed any lease agreement with this new owner...

What consittutes a legal contract? [ 4 Answers ]

If an offer made to purchase real estate from the heirs of an estate, via letter from attorney, is accepted via letter from the estate's attorney, can one of the heirs "change his mind" and refuse to sell? Does the purchaser have any legal recourse in enforcing the acceptance letter?

Legal Contract [ 1 Answers ]

I was enrolled in a distant learning program. The company did not live up to their end of the deal. The career instiute decided they could not teach the weekly classes anymore (thats the main reason why I signed up because of the tutoring sessions), now the publishing company wants their money...

View more questions Search