Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlv1717 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 10:38 AM
    Bad smell in bathroom
    I have this horrible smell in my bathroom. It started about 3 weeks ago. It smells like rotten onions or really really bad BO. The smell never goes away no matter how much I clean. I have had a plumber come out and check the pea traps but everything is in working order. They have no idea what could be causing this smell. It is more predominant in the shower area. Does anyone know what this could be? Please help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 22, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Showers, tubs and lavatories can build up rotting hair matted in with grease that can produce bad odors. Did the plumber snake out the drain line?
    . Try this for the smell. Tonight before bedtine Take a 1/2 gallon of bleach and pour it down the drain and let set over night. Next morning ,(and this is important) flush out the drain with two large pans of boiling water to loosen the grease and flush the mess out. The bleach will make the hair slippery and began to dissolve it and the hot water will melt the grease and flush the mess away. Let me know if it helps. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad smell problem - please help [ 10 Answers ]

:( I feel like crying because we can't get rid of this smell in the house and it is driving us crazy. We have our wedding reception at home in a few weeks time and I am getting really worried that we won't be able to get rid of it before then. It all started 2 or 3 weeks ago... from one day...

Bad smell in downstairs bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We purchased a new house approx one year ago (it was newly built). Shortly after moving in (literally a couple of days) we began to get a bad smell in the downstairs bathroom which consists of a toilet and sink. I located the smell to the sink. The plumbers came, took off the sink and sealed...

Bad smell from wiring? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not sure if this could be do with wiring but see what you think. When we use the shower a horrible smell appears. It disappears fairly quickly once the shower is off. This started when we had a new, more powerful shower fitted. It is not in the bathroom but in the cupboard that...

Help! - Bad smell in Kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

We live in a brand new condo (moved in on June 1), and a few days ago I came home to a horrible smell throughout the whole place (seems to be worst in the kitchen). Today I spent hours cleaning in, around, and under the fridge, as well as sniffing around the whole kitchen and I cannot even tell...

Bad Rotting Smell in Bathroom Sink [ 3 Answers ]

In the apartment complex where I work, one of the apartments has a very bad rotting smell coming from the bathroom sink. I have tried chemicals and had lines water jetted with 180 psi. Checked vents and they are clear. Drains are clear and not plugged. Apartment complex is only 3 years old and...

View more questions Search