Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucysch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 11:08 AM
    What is the first month's interest for 7,659.43 at .11% for 6 months
    What would be the first months interest payment be for a loan of 7,659.43 at 11% for 6 months?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 05:31 PM

1) 11/12 = .9166 % FOR 1 Month.
    2) 7,659.43 @ .9166% = 70.21

Month's Interest = 70.21.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 11:17 PM

Sorry, Rolcam. Yes, your answer is correct, but it looked completely strange and went over my head what you were doing. It might have helped if you'd written 11%/12, or .11/12. (It looked like 11 months out of 12 to me.)

Principle x Rate x Time is the more common method:

7659.43 x .11 x 1/12

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Equifax score of 659 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 659 with Equifax - what kind of credit card can I get with that score using Equifax only?

What kind of rate should I expect for a 659 credit score? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I purchased a home here in Florida back in April of '07 right when the sub prime market was in full melt down. I went ahead with a adjustable 3/1 loan with a rate of 9.3% knowing that I had no other option since my credit score at the time was about 616. Since that time, I have paid...

Last Month's Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a tenant at will agreement with my landlord where we are supposed to give 30 days notice before moving out. However, my husband accepted a job in Florida(currently in ma) and we only have 2 weeks before we have to leave. 3o days notice is not possible. We have already paid for the...

Last month's rent payment [ 4 Answers ]

I recently gave 60 days notice on my lease. I am now at my last month's payment due. I did however have to prepay first and last months rent at the beginning of the lease. My landlord is saying I have to pay the rent at the beginning of the month and he will refund it at the end of the month. I...

Full month's rent? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi- I have a question that I need answered. My husband and I live in NH and currently are not in a lease with our apartment. We found a new place to live and would like to move in Aug 19. We have given 30 days notice, and would like to partial pay the month of Aug- from aug 1-19. Our present...

View more questions Search