Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    future123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 09:28 AM
    I was wondering what exactly show up on a live scan fingerprint background check?
    What specifically shows up on a live scan fingerprinting background check? I would like to apply to nursing school and this is the form of background check that is required. I was charged with theft and these charges are dismissed. I do not have a felony or misdemenour* on my record. Does this still show up? Will my arrest show up as well? Is there a way to seal my arrest record?
    echobell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 02:42 PM
    I am in the same boat. I just had an interview for an accountant position with a major company, who also owns their own bank. The interview went great but at the end they mentioned a background check and fingerprint would be done. I too was charged with theft and the charges are dismissed. Hope you find you answer...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 07:20 PM

The live scan works one of two ways, it
    1. merely scans and prints out the card which is still mailed in
    2. it sends the prints in electronicly.

The prints will merely match your current name info to see if you were ever fingerprinted under any other names. The fingerprint itself merely checks your ID.

The criminal background check then is ran from the ID information. From the police, only convictions should show up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What will exactly show up on a fingerprint check? [ 4 Answers ]

So I was charged with "driving intoxicated" when I was 18, that charge was reduced to only a "minor consuming". Second incident - CHARGES: giving peace officer false name & liquor consumption under 21. PLEA: liquor consumption under 21. SENTENCED =liquor consumption under 21. Third incident -...

Do warrants show on fbi fingerprint background [ 3 Answers ]

Do warrants show on fbi fingerprint background nationwide

Will a military background check show up on a civilian criminal background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Will a military background check show up on a civilian background check?

Fingerprint and background check [ 1 Answers ]

What is the validity of fingerprints and background check . For instance is it necessary for someone who did the FP in feb 2008 to do it again in June or July 2008 for another application or it will show automaticaly in his records with the immigration service . Thanks

View more questions Search