Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waynejc Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
    How open and install downloaded Driver Updates.
    I have a DELL Laptop E1505 with Windows Vista installed and a DELL Desktop E510 with XP Professional installed. Problem applies to both computers.

How do I Open and Install downloaded drivers that were downloaded in a file to My Doc's?

I went to the DELL site to download new drivers and programs recommended by DELL to help improve performance of both computers listed above.

After checking and downloading the recommended driver files to My Doc's. I tried to install them on the computer.

When I click on Install, a message appears telling me to select a program from a list to open file.

It seemed like it listed every program on my computer. I tried half the programs listed but to no avail.

No program that I selected would open the downloaded file.

So, I deleted the downloads and tried again! Same thing happened.

Can someone help me to install these programs after I download the file to My Doc.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 09:21 AM
    What are the file types of the driver files you downloaded?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2010, 09:22 AM

It depends on the nature of the file and the device it's a driver for.
    Usually where you download from there are instructions.

If the file is an EXE just run it. If it's a ZIP, extract the contents then see if there is an EXE to run.
    waynejc Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    It depends on the nature of the file and the device its a driver for.
    Usually where you download from there are instructions.

If the file is an EXE just run it. If its a ZIP, extract the contents then see if there is an EXE to run.
    Scott, I downloaded 7 files to Dell Download Manager:
    R73044.exe
    INPENUXP.cab
    R114566.exe
    R118968.exe
    R126542.exe
    R72270.exe
    R210377.exe
    All these files are sitting on 'My Doc's'. Don't know what to do next, when I open them, they just show a lot of files. Still, don't believe I installed them on the computer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2010, 10:45 AM

Where did you download them from? What instructions were there?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 10:49 AM
    Those are indeed correct filenames for Dell drivers. The .exe ones should open and install fairly automatically. What happens when you double-click one of them?

The .cab file appears to only a manual, check out this thread, it has a link to the file you need: ethernet controller driver/ INPENUXP.cab - Desktop General Hardware Forum - Desktop - Dell Community

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I downloaded a game and now I don't know what to do next to install it. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a girl so I don't know much about these things so I would really appreciate some help :p I just downloaded a game through Utorrent. But now I have nooo idea what to do next. I right clicked on the file and chose "Open containing folder". What am I going to do next? Someone please help...

My PC audio is not working? Which is the best driver to be downloaded and from where? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear hai, I would appreciate if you could kindly let me know the right website for downloading realtek multimedia audio controller! With regards, V Gopalakrishnan

Updates will not install [ 1 Answers ]

G'Day ; I posted a question a little while ago about ms updates not installing, well I found the answer on another forum site Techarena so I thought I'd post the answer on this site so anyone having the same frustrating problem can repair the problem, I , being totally ignorant of how...

Display Driver updates [ 6 Answers ]

Current driver data Can someone point me at the update for my display driver downloaded latest (Ati 7-7_xp32_dd_49709) and it wouldn't update the above. Do I need to this incrementally if so can someone then point me to the correct location Cheers

Best link for driver updates [ 4 Answers ]

HVAC888: I was checking drivers for various harware; noticed AMD athlon 64 3500+ driver was nov '04. Checked out AMD site.. no specific listing for my processor. Please, know any free sites that offer driver updates for MOBO, sound, video and processor? Thanks again for the observation that I...

View more questions Search