Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vdonna9377 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2004, 01:47 PM
    Payables-Generic??
    :'(

When the month end trial balance is done, shouldn't the payables, (such as wages payable) be cleared to 0??

nova373 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2004, 08:33 AM
    Re: Payables-Generic??
    No, you owe that money to someone-- whether it be this period or next. The payables need to stay on the books until you actually pay the vendors for the items.

You only close your "RED" accounts-- revenues, expenses, and drawing accounts.

kumare Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2004, 02:37 AM
    Re: Payables-Generic??
    Hi vdonna9377,

nova373 is right. Only nominal accounts (expense and revenue accounts) are closed at the end of the period. Real accounts (balance sheet accounts) are not closed since they are actually existing as of balance sheet date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bonds Payables Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Company A whose fiscal year is the calendar year : 2005 July 1.Issued $ 15,000,000 of 5 year, 14 % callable bonds dated July 1, 2005,at an effective rate of 12%, receiving cas of $16,104,095.Interest is payable semiannually on Dec. 31 and June 30. Is this OK? July 1 Cash 16,140,95 DT ...

Problem with generic ink cartriges. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 830 printer and for some time I have been using generic ink cartridges in it without any problems. When I install the generic cartridge, I get a message that is is not an original and I am asked whether I still want to use it. I opt for "yes" and it works OK. But...

Generic ink cartridges [ 10 Answers ]

Do generic ink cartridges harm a printer --Lexmark-- and if so how? I had used them successfully in the past, but this time one of them doesn't work. The black doesn't print. Have I damaged the printer? Is there anything I can do?

View more questions Search