Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonalvora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 03:43 AM
    Hi,

Kindly help me fixed deposit of 100000/- kept against the bank guarnteee , tell me what is the journal entry for the same & interest on the & in the balance sheet where it will reflect

Interest on the fd shall we show as a part of income & what is the journal entry for the same

Thanks

Sonal
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 08:58 PM

One posting will suffice, thanks.

Also, we don't email answers. All questions and answers remain in the forums so that others can answer them or read them.

I'm not really understanding your question very well. Do you mean like a compensating balance? Like a balance you have to keep as a stipulation for something? That's just a normal bank account, an asset. If the thing it's stipulated for is long-term, then it needs to be a non-current asset. I don't know whether you're looking for the entry to deposit the money (which would just be crediting out of wherever the money came from and debited into this new account), or whether you're trying to do something else.

I don't understand about the interest either. Are you talking about interest you are earning on this account? You would debit the account and credit interest revenue.

Since the account is an asset it's on the balance sheet. Any interest would be on the income statement.

If that doesn't answer you question, please clarify in careful English what you're trying to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry for accrued interest on fixed deposits [ 3 Answers ]

What would be the journal entry for accrued interest on bank fixed deposits?

Which is best interest scheme, fixed or floating? [ 3 Answers ]

To buy a car, which is the best one to opt for car loan?

Accounting entry for fixed deposit [ 2 Answers ]

What should be the accounting entry at the time of placement and maturity of fixed deposit?

Bank Fixed Deposit with Nomination. [ 1 Answers ]

My father made deposits in a private bank and made me as lone nominee to receive the amount. My father expired now. But bank fails to clear the amount even after maturity and require me to produce some doucments regarding legal heirs. Will it be correct.

View more questions Search