Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy.face Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 06:56 PM
    My experience with Monobenzone

I used monobenzone 20% and 40% for about 6 months. Here goes my thoughts about it.

I started with 20%, then went to 40% (big mistake - in the time I wanted faster results)

After about 1 or 2 months of using it, clearly I could see the difference, also people started noticing it. People were not saying that I am turning white, but like my tan is gone.

Through the time I used, I never used sun block. Some side effects start showing in my skin. It become stronger using mono 40%, things such skin peeling, skin looking like it's cracked appeared.

( I don't want to exposure myself, I will upload just one pic. I wish I could post the process through time picture but I don't want to see my picture in mono sellers websites).

Different from what many people say, I didn't completely turned white, Actually I did loose some shades. So I think the process is gradually, BUT, in some very small areas, it completely depidmented. But for the most, the skin just became more clear.

Then when I stopped, some spots white started appearing on my skin. Exactly on the places that I used the cream most.

I was using it with a moisturizing cream. It seems to me that the results were more even like that. The mono was so thick (like a very heavy yogurt, imagine those natural flavored)

About one year after, the dark color was coming back

This is was something that I totally did not expected. And even got me very sad. I became more and more darker. All scientific studies I had read said that the effect of monobenzone is permanent. BUT, IT'S NOT. I mean not completely, I still have some white spots on my face.

Now I am going to used it again. This time I will be very moderate. I'll only use mono 20% with moisturizing lotion. I'll always use a sun block and be very patient. I just hope, by being moderate, all the side effects don't appear again.

If anyone wants to talk about it more private, pm me or send me an email. This is something I have been carring all by myself, none of friends and family know about it. I have nobody to talk about it.

Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Aug 19, 2010, 07:07 PM

You can talk to me I'm into this journey myself
    summerlight Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Aug 19, 2010, 09:06 PM

Through the time I used, I never used sun block. Some side effects start showing in my skin. It become stronger using mono 40%, things such skin peeling, skin looking like it's cracked appeared.
    Sounds to me like you took mono as a big joke.
    The #1 rule of any skin lightening product is to use sun block.
    Something as potent as mono,is not to be played with.
    I guess you learned that the hard way.
    barbaraohene Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 07:39 AM

I learned the hard way too... my dark spots kept getting worst till my doctor told me how important sun block is
    happy.face Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by summerlight View Post
    Sounds to me like you took mono as a big joke.
    The #1 rule of any skin lightening product is to use sun block.
    Something as potent as mono,is not to be played with.
    I guess you learned that the hard way.
    Summerlight,

I didn't take this as a joke.

While and after using the mono, I never went outside just to stay under the sun. I used to run from the sun at all costs.

I knew about using sun block, but that's because your skin becomes more sensitive (since it's clearly) to the sun, and because you loose melanin - that protects you from the sun. Since the most important feature about the mono is that it depigs permanently, this should not happen.
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 20, 2010, 12:03 PM

Yeah you need to use sunblock at all times. Mono is suppose to depig permanently but your skin can sometimes repigment which means that you will need to maintain the results.
    shade3shades Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MySunshine View Post
    Yeah you need to use sunblock at all times. Mono is suppose to depig permanently but your skin can sometimes repigment which means that you will need to maintain the results.
    Which sunblock u use that stops u from burning and tanning.
    Mine gives me tan, is Neutrogena SPF 70
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 20, 2010, 01:38 PM

Shade, I am using the same thing Neutrogena SPF 70 :) It protects my skin but I find if I stay out in the sun too long I get darker.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Aug 20, 2010, 11:40 PM

summerlight you should be more sensitive toward him/her. Also, happy.face... if you're using mono as a skin lightener... I suggest you reconsider. It's not a skin lightener. And shouldn't be used as a substitute as one.
    samirch99 Posts: 25, Reputation: -1

Aug 23, 2010, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by happy.face View Post

I used monobenzone 20% and 40% for about 6 months. Here goes my thoughts about it.

About one year after, the dark color was coming back

This is was something that I totally did not expected. And even got me very sad. I became more and more darker.

Depigs vitiligo skin,

Disfigures normal skin.
    Dizzellz112 Posts: 154, Reputation: 8

Aug 25, 2010, 06:31 AM
    Samrich is that you in the dp?
    samirch99 Posts: 25, Reputation: -1

Aug 25, 2010, 11:56 AM

Yes, dizzle.
    Marrian1993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2010, 09:54 PM

I'm a dark skin West African girl. I ma using mono 97. Something percent. My goal is to change my color completely. At school people say I'm too dark so I will completely change. Some one help me. I need advices. Email me @ EMAIL REMOVED So faro n my journey, I have not experience any peeling. It has been a month. I have not seen any lightening. Maybe a little but will it be drastic?
    mario86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 06:19 AM
    I used monobenzene for one month-

My skin has never been the same since- Larger pores, large spots, uneven skin tone, saggy skin.

BEfore I used it I read so many people saying you don't need to use skin whitening etc, once I finally accpeted my skin colour (I am a medium Pakistani colour) it was too late. My skin was never what it was once, dark cicrles worse than they used to be.

I just looked back at a picture 2 years before I used all those bleaching products- I had an amazing complexion, it was truly stunning- I will probably never get it back.

Honestly people asian/black skin is beautiful- its all low self esteem whch comes from a pessimistic outlook on life.

Don't let anyone laugh at your skin colour and every time in your head just say 'i have nice skin I love the colour, white people die to tan'

Pleasee don't do what I have done... there is a clear difference between dark skin, light skin, and bleached dark skin... everyone knows

Much love
    canny123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 11:59 PM
    I am vitiligo patience and recently started mono 20%. Its ONLY recoomended for vitiligo people, if you were using it to get lighter of course you will get back your original colour unless you have vitiligo. Mono seller sites says truth, Mono ruin your pigments perminently but its only for vitiligo skin people. I made my mono 20% myself, results are good, no burning yet, I am using Ozone SPF 100 and never get tan. You can use Kojic acid instead Mono to get lighter. Mono is dangerous for normal skin people (skin without vitiligo).

Maria
    taline Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 02:40 AM
    Hi man how are u
    Please, I want to asking you
    From Where you bought aMonobenzone cream
    I'm looking for this cream from Long time
    canny123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 05:33 AM
    Well taline, once again beaware of using mono for lightening skin, it can worsen your skin for ever. If you have vitiligo you can use it. I got it from india, I bought powder and made my own cream from some expert helping me, so far its working great, its my 2nd month I am using and I am so happy with results :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Monobenzone / benoquin experience [ 35 Answers ]

:) Is there anyone close to depigmentation? If so haow many shades did you lightn in what specific amount of time? And how long did you use monobenzone / benoquin. Did you acculate white spots and if so what size were they? And how long did you have these white spots? As I'm a user to and I...

My monobenzone experience with pictures [ 32 Answers ]

I have said it a lot but I can't emphasise this enough, monobenzone is depigmenting agent not a lightener. Yes it will give you patches no matter what strength you start or where you apply. Anyway I first touched mono 2 years ago then I stopped but that brief period I have sections of white...

My monobenzone experience.. [ 28 Answers ]

Hi guys... Have been away for ages though had nothing to really report so stayed away from the board . Mono has been working really well for me now.. It has taken nearly a whole year to actually see results... it doesn't happen quickly though I thought and was hoping.. I went through lots...

First Time Monobenzone Experience [ 23 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum a couple of days ago. I'm Hispanic with medium olive skin. I am waiting to receive a 3% monobenzone lotion I ordered from China in eBay. I'm so scared about using mono, but (like many of you here) I have exhausted every single resource with no results. I...

View more questions Search