Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allanb48 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 05:33 AM
    Uninstall preinstall antivirus program
    How do you uninstall a installed virus program installed from the factory?
    I want to reinstall windows 98 on a used dell for it doesn't have a phone modem program installed. I think if I do this, it might put the phone back in? But it keeps saying to disable virus before it will goes on. Will this do it or is there another way? Windows run fine, but no phone. I've tried everything and pulling my hair out.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 22, 2006, 05:44 AM
    Before reinstalling Windows, have you tried the Add Hardware wizard under Control Panel? If your computer has a modem physically installed this should be able to detect and properly configure it. If you still wish to uninstall the antivirus program, try looking for it under "Add or Remove Programs" under Control Panel. Click on that icon and it will generate a list of programs.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 22, 2006, 07:18 AM
    Depends on the antivirus. Best bet is to boot to Safe Mode and uninstall from there.
    allanb48 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by allanb48
    How do you uninstall a installed virus program installed from the factory?
    I want to reinstall windows 98 on a used dell for it does'nt have a phone modem program installed. I think if I do this, it might put the phone back in? but it keeps saying to disable virus before it will goes on. Will this do it or is there another way? Windows run fine, but no phone. I've tried everything and pulling my hair out.
    Thanks for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Depends on the antivirus. Best bet is to boot to Safe Mode and uninstall from there.
    Thanks for your advice, it work allanb48:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to uninstall Norton Antivirus 2006 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody I need help in this issue please? And it started in my work email when I started receiving attachements zipped files including passwords and I tried to install the Norton Antivirus 2006. It crashed 3x during installation, creating Symantec errors and gives me this error that an old...

Firewall/antivirus [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if they like or dislike the EZ Armor Security Software that comes with roadrunner? I have been trying to look at reviews but can't find any. Also, can anyone tell what they think of Trend Micro's firewall protection. I currently have this for my virus protection but wasn't...

Antivirus... [ 11 Answers ]

May I get some advise, its about what is the best antivirus that I can use that won't make my PC slow, this antivirus will be install to a none network or no internet PC so that means I need a antivir that no updating require but if there is how can I update this antivir to a no internet PC......

Antivirus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pals I'm confused about selecting the antivirus for my PC ,can u tell me which is the best antivirus and also the best among the free antivirus softwares

AVG Antivirus Program [ 26 Answers ]

Hi, AVG Free Home Antivirus from Grisoft.com automatically scans incoming and also outgoing email using Outlook Express 6, POP3, SMPT email. When it scans outgoing email, it attaches it's advertising something similar to "This email is virus free by AVG". When the person receiving the email gets...

View more questions Search