Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dwightster Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Is are dead loved ones still around us
    Hi... The question that I ask, a loved one that was close to me has passed on. I thought I could feel and smell him at first, but soon it was all gone. I see him in my dreams. I can even bring him into my dreams. Before he, my father died... he said that he has done everything in this life that he set out to do. I was just wanting my father to be around once in awhile. I miss him so.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 05:08 PM

I know that feeling. I miss my father and it's been over 30 years since he died.

And there are times I sensed him.

And I think that if there is any way a father can look in on his son after he dies, he will be doing it.

You never stop missing them. But it gets easier.

I wish you peace.
    Dwightster Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2010, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    I know that feeling. I miss my father and it's been over 30 years since he died.

And there are times I sensed him.

And I think that if there is any way a father can look in on his son after he dies, he will be doing it.

You never stop missing them. But it gets easier.

I wish you peace.
    ;) I sure hope you're right...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 11:31 PM
    Hi, Dwightster!

I believe that those we love can linger for at least awhile on this "plane" of existense in such a way that we might know they are there. I believe that because of things known and experienced when I was a child.

If you'd like to know more specifics about those experiences, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 21, 2010, 07:13 AM

First off you have to remember that you were surrounded by love. That is a very powerful emotion. You also hold him in your heart and will keep him there forever. He will always be with you. What you do have to deal with is his passing Having memories of someone and seeking comfort in those memories is not unusual in the least.
    waipahu2student Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 09:59 PM

SAME HERE my uncle died not to long ago. At the hospital the day he died he was on the bed dead. Everyone well my family was there was sad so I stood by the bed and touched his cold hand. My cousin and I were standing in the same place. While I was crying and depressed I felt so cold and it wrapped around me like something was hugging me. I was shocked cause I knew it was my uncle, and when that cold feeling was gone I knew he went on to a better place. But that was the very last time I felt my uncle...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2010, 11:21 PM
    I hope that Dwightster returns to this thread. It has the possibility of getting really interesting here!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I ever be loved? [ 6 Answers ]

Will I geta boyfriend anytime soon?

What will you do when the dead don't stay. Dead [ 6 Answers ]

I know I know, a lot of people are asking"is this kid serious" well, I am haha... What would you do to survive a Zack outbreak... I will Post my answer later on ounce I've thought about it... PLEASE BE PRACTICAL with your answers. Don't say you would get a tank because most likely there...

Why Would He Tell Her He Loved Her? [ 5 Answers ]

I need an opinion on something. My husband and I have been through hell and continue to go through hell. For many many reasons, I decided to break it off with him and had no communication with him for several weeks. I accidentally picked up the phone before looking at the caller I.D last week and...

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

P.O.A Over a loved one [ 1 Answers ]

When my father was ill in the hospital a couple of years ago, my sister had P.O.A. over him. He is now able to care for himself. Is this P.O.A. still valid? Thank you!

View more questions Search