Ask
    lebtures Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 01:05 PM
    How the heart keep its rhythm
    What is the factor that causes the heart to keep its rhythm
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 08:59 AM

The heart has its own pacemaker - the SAN (sino-atrial node) which is controlled by nervous impulses from the cardiac centre in the medulla of the brain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me what are my chances of having a heart attack or heart problems [ 2 Answers ]

OK first of all my grandpa had 3 heart attacks and 4 heart failures my grandmother has had heart problems my dad has heart problems and my uncle died of a heart attack. So are my chances high

I want to know the name of this song/tune (with Asian drum rhythm). [ 0 Answers ]

The tune/song/music is on Youtube under title: Baguazhang (Bagua Palms) Form and Applications, Posted by taipingvlg, the video lasts about 5:04 minutes. I want the section starting at 3:20. The drum rhythm sounds to me like Indonesian drums, Thailand, Nepal. I can't put my finger on it. ...

Fluctuations in Heart Rhythm [ 3 Answers ]

My pulse rate is about 1 beat per second while breathing out slowly or while not breathing in or out, but when I breath in it will skyrocket to about 2-3 times a second... is this normal??

Heart To Heart (BBC News) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello fellow AMHD Devotees, Just thought I'd share this news story with everyone as I thought it was pretty fantastic! BBC NEWS | Health | Woman face-to-face with own heart Goes to show how important organ donation can be! :) And this one, that literally made my skin crawl;

Rhythm gone bad [ 1 Answers ]

In the last year, By the way I'm 55 yrs old. When I make love and have orgasm,my rhythm is all screwed up, when I should be thrusting inward, my pelvic is going outward and her and I are out of sync for the fin-alley of the love making. I feel that the pumping action of the prostate has slowed...

View more questions Search