Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HighSchoolGirly Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Funerals.
    My boyfriends grandmother just passed away a few days ago and his mother wants me to go to the funeral. I've never been to a funeral before and I was wondering if I'm supposed to wear black or color, or what? I have no idea how to dress for this. And I don't want to be dressed in a way that the whole family is going to look at me funny or dislike me.

Sorry that this is kind of an odd question. Any suggestions are welcomed!
    Thanks in advancee.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 11:51 AM

Ask the family - it depends. My Dad did NOT want black or white and wanted his funeral to be a celebration of his life.

His family will know. We have no way of knowing.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 11:51 AM

Where sombre colours, dark brown, dark blue, black. Just as long as it isn't flamboyant.

Tick
    HighSchoolGirly Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 08:14 PM

Yeah, I asked his mother about an hour after I posted this so. I got it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weddings and funerals [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know. I think I'm weird. I've been around this earth a good long time, but I've only been to one wedding and one funeral. You? excon

Death and funerals. [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with funerals? Yesterday I got 2 phone calls, the first was to tell me a friend (like a mother to me) passed away. Then an hour later got another call that informed me my dad passed away. My father was very abusive and I never liked him but, I can't stop...

Toddlers and Funerals [ 1 Answers ]

My brothers father in law passed away in a traffic accident last night. He and his wife have a 3 year old girl. My brother is torn between wanting to go along with his wife and mother in laws wishes about having his daughter present for ALL aspects of the preparations, visitations and the funeral,...

Protesting at Military Funerals? [ 15 Answers ]

What does everyone think about protesting at Military Funerals? I think it is wrong to do this, even though I am against the war. I do believe in freedom of speech, but I think morally people should leave these families to grieve the loss of their loved one. After all they died fighting for our...

Children and funerals [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's grandmother, with whom my childeren ages 13 and 8 were very close to just passed away after being ill for the past 3 months. My dilema is we were taking the children to the funeral but NOT the wake. Now, my husbands family is making us feel bad. They thought the children would be...

View more questions Search