Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khadijaone Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 11:10 AM
    Find who a person is
    Hi there,

I have been in contact with someone through a meeting website for men and women.
    After exchanging emails and chats I found out that the persone I was discussing with even on the phone is an impostor. I have a name : Victor.. mobile phone number+14402.. an email vick... @yahoo.com, and a picture. But I don't know what belongs to who. My aim now is to be in contact with the persone I have the picture.

Thanks for your help
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 11:17 AM
    The picture is probably fake too. This could be a good lesson learned: don't give out any personal information or believe anything as 100% until you meet the person in the flesh - initial meetings in a public place of course.

Aug 19, 2010, 11:34 AM

I am sure the picture is fake, this is why I was trrying to find the persone I had the picture. Do you find a way to help me on ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Sorry, it can't be done.

Aug 19, 2010, 11:39 AM

The only thing I can do, is try to find out who this mobile phone belongs to. Do you know a way. Cause I leave in France, and don't know haw to get a name from a phone number in the US
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 03:39 PM

Yes, hire a private investigator. No one here can help you because it is against the rules to post identifying info.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 04:09 PM

I wish evry person who is in an online relationship could read this and see how stupid it is to give any information to a person you have never met.

I hope you've learned a lesson. This guy could be a pedophile, an axe murderer or a con artist. Be
    Aware, if has your address or anything else, you have placed yourself in a very dangerous situation.

Aug 20, 2010, 04:14 PM

Thank you all for your information, your advices. The only thing I have to add, is that I'm not that stupid for having given to anyone my contact details
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by khadijaone View Post
    Thank you all for your information, your advices. The only thing I have to add, is that I'm not that stupid for having given to anyone my contact details
    Didn't say you were stupid! I said what you did was stupid.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 08:22 AM

I have another question - why do you want to be in contact with this imposter? To tell him he's an imposter and you "caught" him? I think he already knows.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2010, 08:45 AM

And the person in the photo ( even if photo is real) does not know you, they may be a famous person, or married, or even dead.

It is a photo, pick another 10 photos from other dating sites if you wish and chase after them.

You actually sound more like someone obsessed and close to a stalker wanting to "hunt down" someone that you don't know because you like their photo.

The person you stated is a fraud you actually talked to, so drop contact and move on.

Aug 21, 2010, 11:03 AM

I can be in contact with the imposter if I want to. I steel havec his contact details. The one I'd like to find is the one of the picture. But no matter, all that storry is behind. Thanks
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by khadijaone View Post
    I can be in contact with the imposter if I want to. I steel havec his contact details. The one I'd like to find is the one of the picture. But no matter, all that storry is behind. Thanks
    And you can get into trouble for Cyber-Stalking. You chose to go online... leave it alone! As JudyKay said, get yourself a Private Investigator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find a person in ghana [ 11 Answers ]

I have contacted a person in Ghana and I want to find out if she is real or a scam - how can I find out

Need to find person [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to locate a person by the name of "Sandy R Wildfang" This person is Male and is located somewhere in Manitoba. Can anyone please help me. I have been unable to locate & I need to do a reference check, so the sooner I locate the better. Thanks!

How can I find out where a person is paroled at? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out where a person is paroled to? Like whether they are paroled at a house or faciilty as a halfway house

FIND this person [ 6 Answers ]

Who is the person in the photograph of my nickname? Thanks

View more questions Search