Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ToriQ34 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate:a scalp hair test or a body hair test?
    Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate: a scalp hair test or a body hair test. We have 2 test that were taken on the SAME day & 1 shows positive for methamphetamine and 1 shows negative. It should show negative! We are at a loss as to how a test that is so accurate has 2 different results. Is there any way that "exposed" hair like scalp hair can be contaminated where "covered" hair like body hair wouldn't be. I do not doubt that where this person works, they could have been exposed to all sorts of things, but I find it hard believe if it was ingested that it wouldn't show up on a body hair test.

Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 08:45 AM

It appears that hair from the head shows more recent drug usage than hair from the body: " body hair can be used to test for the five standard drug classes, though body hair growth patterns are different than head hair. Most body hair is replaced within approximately one year. This means a test done with body hair will be reported as drug usage during approximately a one year timeframe."

Omega Laboratories - Hair Testing FAQ
    ToriQ34 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 08:57 AM

Thank you for your quick response. I believe you are saying the scalp test would be the more accurate. If that is the case is there ANYTHING that would cause a positive result if no methamphetamines were done? I've known this person for years and been around them on a daily basis for over 3 of those years and I just do NOT believe that they have used anything and certainly not methamphetamine.

Thank you again
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 10:41 AM

There is some useful stuff here:

Psychemedics Corporation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair test [ 13 Answers ]

I am going to have a hair folical test done soon I need to know if there really is a shampoo that will clean my hair . Some one that used it and it worked... what brand and what its called please very important

Hair Folicle Test [ 12 Answers ]

I was told that taking steam baths or saunas will open your pores and help detoxify your body, because you sweat out all the toxins. Is this true?

I need to know about my hair test [ 2 Answers ]

I smoked weed on thanks giving but I only hit it twice my hair is 2 in long, will I pass:confused:

Hair test [ 2 Answers ]

Will Benadryl, Alieve or Amoxicillin show up as anything in a hair folicle test?

Hair test [ 2 Answers ]

The last time I did any kind of drug was on Feb. 13th, I had a hair follicle test done on May 18th. The test is suppose to go back 3 months. Would that be March, April and May or do you think Feb. 13th is going to show up?

View more questions Search