Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherrye Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 07:30 AM
    My professor is tell me that I will fail his class if I don't post a personal photo
    My professor is tell me that I will fail his class if I don't post a personal photo of myself is a introduction bio for his class. Is that legal? The class has nothing to do with pictures it's an accounting class
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 08:12 AM

I would ask him for the policy on posting photos, a policy which allows him to fail you for your refusal to do so.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2010, 08:15 AM

That's weird and extreme.

I'd speak with the head of academic counseling for the school of business and state your case.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 08:25 AM

In what country and State is this School, laws will vary, it helps to know roughly where this is. No we don't need the school or teacher name. An answer meant for the USA my not apply in India, or any other place.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 01:05 AM
    Hi, sherrye!

If this might be concerning posting anything online for others to see, even if it's on a site that people might only be able to view by using a password, then I think that it's definitely suspect as to it having to be a requirement. I'm only guessing though about the particulars of the circumstances. But, you did use the term "post".

More information from you would be appreciated, as has already been asked in brief.

Thanks!

Aug 21, 2010, 11:26 AM
    USA- Georgia

Aug 21, 2010, 11:27 AM

USA- Georgia
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2010, 11:50 AM

Have you spoken to him about this and explained that you don't want to? Or did he just announce this policy to the class?

If you've told him that you have reasons not to want to do this and he persists and says he will fail YOU, then I would talk to the campus ombudsman, his dean, or someone in student services, whoever takes you seriously.

I do not think you should be required to give your reasons. But if you have a specific reason, such as someone stalking you in the past, it might help to share that on the condition of confidentiality. In general, though, I don't think you should have to give a reason and if you do, someone is likely to argue with it.

This clearly isn't a measure of your academic competence, so it seems to me the burden is on him to prove why he should require this of students who prefer not to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my future if I fail my 11th class? [ 2 Answers ]

If I fail my 11th class what I will do next?

Personal fail [ 16 Answers ]

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/hheath541/randomness/fails/epic-fail-baggy-pants-fail.jpg http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/hheath541/randomness/fails/epic-fail-bathing-suit-fail.jpg ...

Searching for Old Class Group Photo [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in finding a group class photo from my 1973 graduating class (elementary school). Does anyone know where (if it's even possible) to begin? Thanks, Trish

View more questions Search