Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Aug 18, 2010, 11:55 PM
    INFORMATION ON - 3.0.1.163_p2_saSetup_wo_YTB.exe
    Each time I startup my desktop I eventually get an installtion request for a program:

3.0.1.163_p2_saSetup_wo_YTB.exe

I use Ashampoo UnInstaller and it asks me if I want to record the details of this program prior to install.

I have done a 'Google' search but can find very little about this program, which makes me suspicious.

I run Win XP Ult OS and live in the UK.

Can anyone please help with any info on this program, what it is and is it safe.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Poseidon
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 09:11 AM

You can try removing it from your startup entries... then it won't ask anymore.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2010, 10:23 AM

I see. Do you have McAfee on your system? Or did you at one point. I did a little research, it may be related to McAfee.
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Aug 21, 2010, 11:42 PM

Hi InfoJunkie4Life,

Yes, but the only Mcafee I use is their Site Advisor.

I too found it appeared to come from Mcafee. But there was precious little about it.

Thanks again for your research into this annoying little thing. I don't think it is malicious so I will do as you suggested earlier and remove it from my startup program.

Enjoy your weekend.

Poseidon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virut liser.exe mdm.exe [ 3 Answers ]

*jim carry inhale before long speech* Long story short I manually fought system security on my birthday June 14 2009 using task manager and searches for recently modded files including hidden stuff and I even went in and messed with the registry I also had to download unlocker and port user...

I think I have thumb.exe or copy.exe or. Virus how to solve it [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I really need anyone help. I have XP Home Edition, I have a virus I got it from flash memory, I have Kaspersky Internet Security It did not detect it. What it does it spread to any hard drive, in my computer when I double click on C drive it does not open but when open task manager I find...

Is cmd.exe under lsass.exe a Virus [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a problem that my internet, now a days, is working very slow. I think I''ve got some viruses in my computer and for that I have installed MCAFEE antivirus and its completely up to date. But still the problem ain't solved. while looking into the Process Exdplorer, I saw that the cmd.exe...

Issas.exe, iau.exe etc how to get rid of? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Whenever I try to open a text file, the following files load onto my machine: Lssas.exe, iau.exe, mservice.exe, svshost.exe, msqdevl.exe and stisvsq.exe Its easy enough to remove them again with Hijackthis run in safe mode, but I cannot use my notepad anymore. Whenever I open the...

View more questions Search