Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swtrven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Furnace blowing cold air!
    i have been experiancing problems with my furnace blowing out cold air, the first time i checked the code light it was working normal, the second time it was flashing continuosly fast and it meant call for heat, the third time i checked it said to replace the IFC!! i have no idea what the ifc is, and i was just wondering if you could give me some tips on how to fix this problem!!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 09:11 PM
    What brand is your furnace?? Do the burners come on when you turn the thermostat up to the point that it calls for heat??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2006, 09:02 AM
    Many modern furnaces, whatever the brand, follow the sequence of the thermostat closes switching power from the red wire to the white wire, a small blower (Inducer) starts providing combustion air, the ignitor comes on, the gas comes on and lights, and after a timed delay, the blower comes on. There are sensors that will stop the process if anything fails.

If the blower runs continually without any heat, likely the control board is getting a signal from a temperature sensor that the heat exchanger area is over heating. Does the furnace have a diagram on it that would help you identify the IFC? It should be in the heat exchanger area. The type and location will vary with the brand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace sometimes blowing cold air [ 7 Answers ]

We bought a brand-new house in May 2002. This winter (I don't think it happened last winter) when it got really cold outside, the furnace blew cold air. When it warms up outside, it starts blowing warm again. We had someone come and look at it and he told us it had a 30 degree heat pump?? And when...

Furnace turns off heat and fan continues blowing cold air. [ 14 Answers ]

Carrier split unit Model 58RAV055-GC Circuit Board at Furnace CES0110057-00 Natural Gas I am experiencing a problem with my heat. I have a programmable zones thermostat and noticed that the air was not coming out hot when it was suppouse to be. The temperature was set to 75 but the temperature...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

Furnace blowing cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Ruud oil furnace blowing cold air, fan running constantly

Furnace blower on, blowing cold air [ 4 Answers ]

We installed a pellet stove with the intent of using the furnace blower to distribute the air throughout the home, however, nothing but cold air comes through the vents. Can anyone tell me why this is ?

View more questions Search