Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amysek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 03:55 PM
    How long before a newly signed loan appears on credit report?
    My sister co-signed for my house loan, and recently is in need of a car loan. She is worried that co-signing will not allow her to receive a car loan now. We are wondering how long before the loan will appear on her credit report?

Also, how long before I can get her name off my loan?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 06:40 AM

Usually a month or so. A couple weeks after the first payment is due.

How long? How long before you are able to refinance the house on your own? That's the only way to get her name off it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will judgement in Georgia stay on my credit report [ 1 Answers ]

I have about 3 judgements. I could not appear because I can't afford a lawyer even for bakruptcy. How long will this be on my credit report? I have a mortgage & current with the first but deliquent on the second mortgage on same property.

How long does a bankruptcy remain on a credit report? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does a bankruptcy remain on a credit report in New York?. Does bankruptcy, chapter 7, wipe out judgements as well?. How long are judgements good for?. Are they renewable, and if so, do creditors normally bother to renew?. What kind of process service is required to sue a debtor?. Can one...

Debts that are paid off how long should they remain on your credit report [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to add a trade line to increase your credit score and how much should it cost

How long after filing petition of bankruptcy does it appear on credit report? [ 3 Answers ]

How long after filing petition of bankruptcy does it appear on credit report? Also, I have recently been offered an excellent new position with a great company but will not pass the required credit check. This leads us to my initial question. After filing but before discharge will there be a...

View more questions Search