Ask
    bubba1210 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2003, 05:29 PM
    Jesus
    When did jesus learn he was christ?
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2003, 03:04 PM
    jesus
    While the Bible is not specific on this, it is generally held that he knew all along. As the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are all one, Jesus was actually God in a human form and as God is all knowing and all powerful, it would seem to reason that he knew at the point he assumed human form that he was the Christ.
    Vox Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2003, 02:46 AM
    jesus
    In my opinion, Jesus knew He was the Christ in the time after he was lost in the temple and then found 3 days later. Before that, there is no reason why He would have known it.

He was a normal human child, and normal human children are not aware of the world that surrounds us; they just live in their fantasy world playing all day and getting dirty and scraping their knees (i wish I could go back to those days! Don't you?) there is no reason to think that Jesus did not do all these things, so the time of his beginning could not come but after He became more mature (after his life as a child was over).
    cherepes Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Feb 10, 2003, 11:28 PM
    jesus
    It is the instruction of Christianity through John 1:1, that in the beginning He was the Word, and therefore when the Word became flesh as prophecy, He would have already known since God knows all past, present and future.

Peace,
    RC-CIC
    Cherepes
    tototu Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2003, 12:51 PM
    jesus
    George- I don't think that he had that awareness all along. Beyond the Word becoming flesh, we are also told that He put off His Godhood. Jesus never did act as Sovereign, but as an obedient servant to the Father. He also stated that He didn't know everything (His next advent) but that that knowledge was reserved to the Father. I don't think that we can answer when He knew that He was the Christ, but it must have surely been taught or told Him at a young age. That He understood it's implications may not have been apparent to Him as a young child. I myself think ( don't know) that upon His baptism by John, the Holy Spirit infused the knowledge of His ministry and all it entailed while He went to the desert and fasted for 40 days. Satan tempted Him afterword, not because he was perceived as physically weak, but spiritually weakened through fear. It was there that Satan was confronted with the very God who had exiled him. He met the Perfect Love that casts out all fear. For later we are told Jesus states that He Himself delivered Himself to be crucified. ;D ;D ;D
    uae_girl Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2003, 01:11 PM
    jesus
    Dwalex- I was reading your entry and something you wrote struck me.
    How could Jesus be God? He's human, a prophet of God, just like all the other prophets. He is flesh and blood, just like any one of us.
    No-one said anthing about Jesus being God. There is only 1 God, and he has many prophets, Jesus, one of them.
    I don't mean to offend you, but I'm just curious. Could you explain what you wrote? :-/ (if you don't mind?)

Apr 10, 2003, 12:17 PM
    jesus
    My goodness, UAE GIRL, you seem to have missed the point of the New Testament altogether. In no place in the scriptures did it say that Jesus was a prophet of God. He was killed for the very fact of blaspheming by saying He was God. The Sanhedren and the Pharisees didn't miss that for a second. In Isaiah , chapter 9 starting with verse 6 it foretells the advent of the Christ, being born as a child, but then goes on to give the names of the child. In prophesy these names are the nature of the being- his attributes. You will see that he is called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father , Prince of Peace... And this passage tells us that the government of our lives will fall on His shoulders- He will take the burden of the success of our lives upon Himself. Think of that! God has made it His problem to see that we make it to heaven to be with Him in all blessed eternity!

When you get to the Testament of John, it begins with explaining the preexistence of Jesus as the Word of God. It says that He was face to face with God and that He was God. We are also told that He was the Creator of all things visible and invisible. In John 1:14 it states that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. In talking to Nicodemus a couple of chapters later, Jesus tells him that no one has ascended to heaven but He who came down fro heaven, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
    A little later in John, Jesus is talking to his disciples about the Bread of lIfe and explains to them that His Father gives them the true bread from heaven and the explains "For the breaad of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world" (the messiah). At that point the Jews spoke against Him because He said "I am the bread which came down from heaven."
    A little later on the Pharisees ask where is Jesus' Father and he tells them "You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also." When the Jews had quizzed Him a little later on as to some statements He was making , he definitively told them "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." and in making this tatement, He used the I AM appelation for God. At this point the Jews tried to stone Him to death.
    The scriptures tell us that He was the Express Image of the Invisible God. Jesus spent His whole ministry among us explaining who He was, trying to marry OT scripture to the reality that was before us.
    Lest you still be confused, let me close with His response to Philip when he asked Him to show the disciiples the father- Jesus said "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say 'Show us the Father'? "
    The point is, forget your new age or Buddhist teachers who sell you the notion Jesus was a prophet. Treat yourself to an exciting and inspiring message from God Himself written directly to you and let Him teach you the Truth. NO charge, No loss, Only gain---I promise ;D ;D ;D

Apr 10, 2003, 02:23 PM
    jesus
    I donot think I have missed the point of the Testiment. But I don't believe and will never believe Jesus is God. He is a human just like us, and with God's Help, he could perform miracles. If he was God why did he die?
    He is just one of the hundreds of prophets out there. Just because he brought us Christianity doesn't mean he is God, or any better than the other prophets.
    People may have their own beliefs and I respect that. But I don't think its right to say that one of the prophets, Jesus Christ, was God.

Apr 10, 2003, 06:40 PM
    jesus
    What about what JESUS had to say about it? That was the point of my message to you. The scriptures tell us that is a prophet proves untrue in any regard, then he is not a prophet of God. So either Jesus was a Liar, a Lunatic, or He was what He said He was.
    Beyond that, what you think or what you want to think obout Him is of no consequence. God gets to be God without your permission.
    In answer to why did He die, He plainly says that He gave Himself up as a Perfect sacrifice for our sin so that we could have eternal life. He said no man could take His life unless He gives it. You may also want to read the REST OF THE STORY. He came out of the Grave of His own power appeared to over 500 witnesses and ascended into heaven in the presence of His eleve disciples. He is not dead. HE is alive and reigns over all His creation. His reign is a reign of ministry- in other workds, he wants to meet your deepest need and delight your heart. His reign is not one of putting His foot on our necks.
    Iwill answer you, but I won't argue with you. God says if you ask Him with a sincere heart, He will reveal these things to you. It isn't up to me or any one else who calls themselves a Christian. We are just messengers. The hearing of the truth is a gift He gives to those who truly want it.
    By the way, what do you think the point of the scriptures- new and old testaments is? You have aroused my curiosity in this. I enjoy posting with you.
    Tototu ;D ;D ;D
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2003, 10:49 AM
    jesus
    I was asked to clarify by ua-girl. It is my belief and the belief of many christian faiths that the God we believe in is available to us in three forms, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. This is the Holy Trinity. Throughout the New Testiment, Jesus makes many references to the fact that He and His Father are the same, I cannot give you exact passages as I do not have a Bible with me but if you read the new testiment they are numerous. Jesus says things like "if you want the Father he is with you now" and "look no further because I am He". As far as the Holy Ghost, it was not available to everyone until after Jesus's resurection. In Peter's sermon at Pentecost, the Holy Ghost became available to all believers and all who were present were able to understan even if they did not speak the same language. Jesus told his disciples that this would happen telling them that after He was gone a force would be available to them that would allow them to "do greater things than I have done". After the Holy Ghost became available to Peter, he walked through vilages and simply touching his robe healed the ailments of believers. That Holy Ghost is available to all believers today as well if we accept Jesus as our Savior just as The Father and the Son are still available to all who allow them in their heart. So, you are right that we should worship the one God as the 10 commandments instruct but after Jesus's ultimate sacrifice, dying while we were all sinners, that Amazing God is available to us in three forms.

I am not a minister or even a Christian scholar. I have done my best to answer from my understanding of Holy Scripture. For more info, visit an area church and talk to the minister.

Hope that helped,
    Dwalex

Apr 16, 2003, 07:42 AM
    jesus
    Reading both of your messages Tototu and Dwalex, I respect both of your opinions. But I will never believe that Jesus is God, for he is one of the prophets that God had sent us.
    Thank you anyway, it was interesting hearing your opinions. God go with you... :)
    Pastor_Dave Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2003, 01:44 PM
    jesus
    Jesus knew He was Gods son when He was baptised. Until then He was the son of Joseph. God did not allow Him to know all things. Scripture states that not even Jesus knows when the Father will send Him to redeem the Church and when He will pour out His wrath on all mankind who are not born again. Jesus knew it was His time to pay our debt but knew it was at haand when he prayed and asked God if that cup could pass from Him. If Jesus knew all as ssome say, then why did He ask God the Father that question? Jesus was not God in the flesh neither was He just a prophet. He was the (sired) son of God. He was the word and the word was the seed that was placed in the virgin Mary to become flesh and dwell among us. I hope this helps you put things in order.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 5, 2003, 07:34 PM
    jesus
    Jesus admitted being the Son of God.

Matthew 16

15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
    16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ,[1] the Son of the living God."
    17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

Jun 13, 2003, 12:57 AM
    jesus
    Sometimes you have to wonder about what it is written, because people have changed some things written in the bible, but few christians remember this.
    Anyway, it was nice to hear your opinions. But if Jesus was the son of God don't you think he should have been worshipped? I mean its just logic, God is not human to have a son.
    Take care all , We'll meet one day... :)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 14, 2003, 07:29 AM
    jesus
    The angels are referred to as "sons of God" and they should NOT be worshipped. They consider themselves simply servants of the true God.

Actually, the word "angel" simply means messenger.

Jesus is referred to as being the Messenger of the New Covenant.
    juanruiz Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2003, 03:24 PM
    jesus
    As a devout Jew, Jesus would have considered himself a son of God in the same sense all people are the sons and daughters of God. Blame Paul for turning him into a deity, which contradicts the Shema, the Law which Jesus himself declared the the most important. Jesus would have viewed that as blasphemy.
    ajackson Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2003, 11:40 AM
    jesus
    There is no love like the love of Jesus. He won't force you to come to him. He loves you just the way you are.

Blessings!
    ysicj Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2004, 09:55 AM
    jesus
    It seems difficult to me not to understand the Bible is teaching that Jesus Christ was God manifested in the flesh.
    • And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16
    • To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:19
    • In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

• Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father? John 14:8-9
    • And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn. Zechariah 12:10

And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced. John 19:37

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. Revelation 1:7
    • Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. Acts 20:28
    • Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God. Isaiah 44:6

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:... Revelation 1:11

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; Revelation 2:8
    • For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
    • But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, [though] thou be little among the thousands of Judah, [yet] out of thee shall he come forth unto me [that is] to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth [have been] from of old, from everlasting. Micah 5:2
    • In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:10

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:16

So beside the fact of not wanting to believe what the Bible says, what is the problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re-birth of Jesus [ 29 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is any mention of re-birth of jesus in the scriptures regarding approaximate time and place of jesus's second coming. I've heard from various sources that there's a chance that Jesus may be born in the Indian sub-continent rather than in the West. So please do let me know...

Did Jesus Ever Say He was God? [ 252 Answers ]

:confused: Is Jesus Christ God? Investigate these interesting claims... The earliest followers of Jesus all seemed pretty convinced that Jesus was fully God in human form. Paul said, "He is the image of the invisible God...in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell." John said...

Deity of Jesus [ 52 Answers ]

If Jesus is not God, but a being created by God, and thus part of creation, how does that affect justification, atonement, and salvation?

Jesus' childhood through adulthood [ 15 Answers ]

Why doesn't the bible include the early life of Jesus.. obviously he was going to be important from the get go... Virgin Mary getting pregnant... the 3 wise men.. where did all these stories go?what about Jesus' brothers and sisters.. what happened to them?any answers?

Jesus and God [ 12 Answers ]

1 John 2:1 MY little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: An advocate is someone who pleads another's case before a judge, in this case God. I remembered this verse two days ago and...

View more questions Search