Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mreasy2320 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 05:43 PM
    Internal hard drive
    Hello I would like to know if I can use a sata hard drive in my PC since I have a gateway I got in 2002, would that cause any issues?
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Dec 21, 2006, 08:34 PM
    Howdy:

Only if you have a sata controller and your system can handle it!

I would be checking with Gateway!!

Murray
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 22, 2006, 07:50 AM
    SESakDFC's is right, you would need a SATA controller. Without the model number of your Gateway, we can't know if it has one or not.

If it does not, there are add-on controller cards that would work, as well as SATA to IDE converters. However, I would avoid the converters, as they are slower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Installing and Removing Internal Hard Drives [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, it's my first time using this, I have had this problem for quite along time now, so I hope some can help me. I have two computers and one with several extrainternal hard drives with no data on there. I want to remove them and install them onto another computer. How do I do it...

Is it a hard drive? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I'm running a clean computer (no spyware, etc.) but am having trouble starting almost any application (such as Gurunet, NAV 2005, MSIE, Family Tree Maker). Others stop functioning (freeze) after a while - such as Excel. Could this be a sign of a bad sector or HD? Is there a tool to...

View more questions Search