Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    devinejenny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 08:49 PM
    I fell down t and broke my sons computer, will home owners policy cover that?
    I was mopping up water damage on my first floor, my sump pump failed to work and flooded the floor. My 21 year old son who lives in another town had his computers down there and I was carring them up the stairs and slipped and fell breaking both screens.
    devinejenny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 09:05 PM
    Fall and broke items, will home owners insurance insurance pay to replace
    Fall and broke items, will home owners insurance insurance pay to replace
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 12:55 PM

If you fell and broke the items I'm not too sure that your homeowner's policy will pay for the replacement of same. But if a guest did the damage, they should pay. But you must remember your deductible has to be met for starters and also if these are just items that are not of great value you will be making a claim against your homeowner's insurance that just might end up getting your rates raised or your policy cancelled. Yep. Dumber things have happened with home owner's insurance. It's best to speak with your insurance agent about this before you make any kind of claim.

Basically homeowner's insurance is for drastic stuff like tornado damage, high wind damage, fire, theft, etc. where the payout to you would be a large sum. It's not for replacing knick nacks, etc. unless you have a rider policy on the items that were broken. Did you have a rider on the items?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 12:59 PM

If this is the same as the other question, then yes, it would cover his items. But if he lives elsewhere does he have renter's insurance for his property? If he has renter's insurance I'd have him submit a claim rather than you unless the computers are worth a heck of a lot of $.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The power button wire fell out of my emachines t1840 computer where does it go? [ 2 Answers ]

The power button cord fell out of my emachines computer and I cannot figure out where it goes. The plus is a small square 2 pin plug. There is a spot it looks like it goes but it isn't working when it is plugged in in that spot. Can anyone help?

Health policy in India to cover pre-existing kidney disease [ 1 Answers ]

Got similar problem. Need health insurance for my father. He is undergoing dialysis. I tried the number which is given above. But not getting connected. Can you please provide more details to get health insurance for preexisting diseases in India

What type of insurance policy cover hiv positive patience [ 3 Answers ]

Someone with hiv/aids positive want to insure his life to want extent can he go?

Home owners [ 2 Answers ]

Can homeowners association put a lien on a home that's already paid for?

Dryer Belt broke and belt tension pulley fell out. Where does it go? [ 1 Answers ]

When the dryer belt broke, the belt pulley fell to the bottom of the dryer. I can't find where to put it back. The dryer is 25 years old. I don't want to pay for a service call. Is there a manual on line?

View more questions Search