Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Baranovic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 06:57 PM
    Fee to be a power of attorney
    I am the POA for my father in-law while he is locked up. In the POA it says that the agent (that would be me) should be reasonable compensated for there time, travel, and any other expenses. I am just wondering what is reasonable in MD?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 07:08 PM

What duties do you have, in most cases there is little you do except sign a few things, So what duties are being done
    Baranovic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 06:46 AM
    I am having to deal with the lawyer for his court case. I am paying all his bills (house, car, insurance,) and right now I am deal with evicting his G-friend out of the house and I have to go to court for that.
    Then I am selling his car and truck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California - Attorney Fees - Fee Waiver [ 2 Answers ]

State of California, County of Amador. I am petitioner. Family Law case. I was granted a Fee Waiver and I have not retained an attorney. Respondent has retained an attorney and (in response to my petition) is requesting that I pay Respondent's attorney fees. How do I respond? Is there a...

Can attorney pay filing fee to start a lawsuit out of his own pocket for plaintiff? [ 9 Answers ]

Is there any reason an attorney can't pay the filing fee to start a lawsuit out of his own pocket for the plaintiff if the attorney is taking the case pro bono? They will split any judgement money.

Anyone know of an attorney that will (for a fee) prepare a pro se case? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any attorneys that will (for a fee) help you with your specific case? I live in Georgia and am being sued by a debt collector (they are a debt buyer). I received a summons a couple of days ago to answer to their complaint. I found a website of a semi-retired attorney in my...

Fee for being Power of Attorney [ 5 Answers ]

A sister and myself are co-power of attorney for another sister. Can we charge a fee? If so, how much? Does this vary by state? The POA was done in Pennsylvania. Thanks

View more questions Search