Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jas904 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 03:32 PM
    Dishwasher
    Would you please be able to tell me how to hook up the drain for my dishwasher. I have two waste lines from the wall. One for the sink and other for the dishwasher. I know normally you would just go into the tail for the sink, but I've never done it to its own waste outlet. Thanks Rick

Today, 05:50 PM
    Jas904
    New Member Join Date: Dec 2006

Rick Again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey tom, thanks for the quick response. I may have described my situation wrong, so please allow me to start over.

I have a double bowl sink hooked up with a "Y" going into one waste line in the wall. There is a second waste line in the wall just for the dishwasher, so its kind of a direct waste outlet.
    P.S. there is no disposel.
    Thanks Rick
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 21, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Hey Rick,

If you have a disposal you can discharge the washer inti the inlet provided. If not then remove the tail piece from the kitchen sink drain and replace it with a branch tailpiece,(see image). Don't forget to run the hose as high as you can in the cabinet and secure it before connecting the hose. Good luck, Tom

Same answer Rick!! Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New dishwasher [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Rather new to this I'm afraid so please excuse me for being a little blonde. I live in a rented house and the landlords dishwasher went wrong recently so he had it removed but not replaced. Have managed to get a 2nd hand one but no instructions with it (DOH! ) Anyway this new one has 2 pipes...

Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

HELLO, I am taking out a dishwasher and putting it in storage in the garage that has no heat and subject to freezing temps. Do I have to put antifreeze in before I do it? Thank you!

Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 always has water on the indside door when I unload it. My silverware basket is in the door, so my utensils are wet. Is this a defect in the dishwasher or is my drain line responsible? My dishwasher is only 6 months old!

View more questions Search