Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 17, 2010, 04:29 PM
    How to get ahead of your peers by taking more advanced classes?
    I'm a HS freshman this year. In 8th grade, I took Phys. Science and Algebra 1. We didn't get the option to take Geometry. This year though, I have to take Geometry before I can take Algebra 2.
    I went and ask my counselor if every freshman is taking Geometry or are there freshmans taking higher classes. Apparently one of my freshman friend is taking Algebra 2...

So I was wondering, I've heard about kids going to summer school so they can enroll a higher course when school starts. I think they go to some community college and take that course so they'll be ahead of everyone.

Can you tell me more about that? I want to do it!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 04:56 PM

Yes, some high schools will offer what is called duel enrollment. Often you have to be farther along, but it may vary from school to school. This allows someone to take college level classes while also attending high school. The nice thing is that it gives you a jump start on some of the required general ed college classes everyone would have to take. You would be limited as to the number of classes you could take.
    You would have to see whether this is something you could do soon or if you would have to be farther along, a junior for example.

Was your friend at the same school with you before or could they have taken Geometry where they were? You could also ask about the possibility of testing out of a class, which means you take the final exam, or other means of showing you know the information, for a course and if you pass you would get credit without having to take the class. Not all schools will allow this however.

Did you ask how this other student was able to sign-up for Algebra 2 as a freshman?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Husband using slanderous words to cause shame to wife amongst peers [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has been trying to create a bad impression of me around town so that he establishes himself as a victim rather than me. I have been married to an emotionally/verbally abusive husband who refuses to give up and allow me a happy life without him. My husband has spent most of his He has...

Why is 12 of your peers [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have been struggling to find the answer to this question Why is it, in courts the normal number of 12 people that are classed as your peers and there to judge you Where did the number 12 come from? I have searched as far back as Charlemaine, which is recognised as one of the...

Google advanced advanced search [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that not all special operators work together in Google advanced searching... How can I do a Google search for webpages containing a word in the url AND a term on the page? For example, at stgabrielradio.com homepage is the term "monsignor lane". ... so if I were searching for...

Should I Go ahead or not [ 10 Answers ]

OK,this is something like a very unusual story.4 years ago someone broke my heart and I was really devastated then .and I thought I would never get a girl like her in my life. But 3 months ago there was a girl I met I fell for her at the first sight.She is kind of my student.I told my colleague...

View more questions Search