Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Massas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 08:57 AM
    If a non biological parent acted as the parent for most of the child's life if the bio
    My husband and I have been separated for six months. We have one child together and one that he has raised since she was three she is now sixteen. He has posed as her father in every aspect. He has signed his name as her father since then. Her biological father is in prison and has been so for fourteen years. Can my husband be ordered to pay support?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Massas View Post
    he has signed his name as her father since then.
    Where?
    And the most important additional question-where do you live?
    The laws vary from state to state.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 09:07 AM

What state do you live in?

The short answer is maybe.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    What state do you live in?

The short answer is maybe.
    Agreed:)
    Maybe yes and maybe not;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2010, 10:00 AM

Did your husband ever adopt the children? Did he ever sign an acknowledgment of paternity?

And as others pointed out ANY question about law needs to include your general area as laws vary by area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent must pay child support when biological parent is unable to provide [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband is claiming that he does not have to pay child support because he does not work and has not work since 1998. Our two daughters however, up until 2 years ago lived with him and his new wife who is the sole provider of that family. So my question is even though he cannot pay since he...

Non Biological Grandparent vs. Biological Parent? [ 1 Answers ]

My Father was never really in my life and my mom was a drunk. Well, my mom began smoking crack when I was 14 and then began giving it to me at 15. I had my daughter at 16 and by the time she was 3 months, she was taken out of my home and placed into my dad's. I never followed up with any of that...

Non biological parent [ 5 Answers ]

I live in berks county, pa. I am looking for legal answers on non biological parental rights. And also abandonment laws on children/parents. I have raised my twelve year old since the day he was born. The "sperm donor" was never in the picture. My soon to be ex-wife and I raised him as my own. He...

Find bio parent [ 3 Answers ]

Dimitrius Jones. My mother... I have been separated from her since birth that I can remember... I am eighteen now and I need to find her.

Child's bio father wants back in life! [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter was born almost 13 years ago. Her biological father saw her when she was 2 weeks old and then my daughter and I moved from one state to another. He knew where we went and how to contact us for anything. He chose not to. On her first birthday we got $100.00 and a car seat....

View more questions Search