Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DirectLady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2004, 09:49 PM
    Euthanasia and extraordinary treatment
    [b][ :)Hi Everyone,

I am new here and would like your opinion. Does your religion believe in euthanasia or extraordinary treatment for someone who is dying?

Thank you very much,
    brackets Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2004, 09:42 PM
    Re: Euthanasia and extraordinary” treatment
    Good question:
    My is not from old religious-precepts but none-the-less I am looking from a spiritual point of view.

I think... the best decision has to be taken :-/...
    Looking at the situation, you and the patient would know better judging from how much the patient's body can hold further and also the mental strength of the patient.
    "...Similar to an old person who always choses to leave the body when s/he feels like the body can't hold any further..." (some old people usually do not know this because it's the soul that choses because you're a soul... when they do not listen to themselves as souls they usually won't know what's happening)
    What do you think would be the best decision to take??

"you are a soul and not a physical body :D." The soul commands the physical body and not the vice versa"
    What's happening today is that people have been taught indirect that they're physical bodies commanding the soul..the aftereffects are
    - they cling to earthly desires,
    - they treasure inheritence and stuff.
    - they study science minus religion
    - they study religion minus science
    - e.t.c
    The soul has nothing to do with all this if they are ONLY for an individual gain and not for the greater good.

If a dying person knew such a thing as what a soul is, probably s/he would not have been in such a state which requires 'Euthanasia' Because the soul commands the physical body. By listening to yourself as a soul, your physical body is much more protected. By not listening - you face the consequences of negliecting your very person... hence 'you reap what you sow' which means just that.
    if you reap well, you sow well :D...to reap well is by listening/learning and acting according to what you think the 'honest' you and God would have approved as love and service to one another.

For example, if there's an extraordinary treatment within the vicinity that can stop a person from dying then why chose euthanasia ??? ? Would it be because the patient is not financially stable enough to pay the bills afterwards? The 'honest' you would not think so. The honest you which is also that silent voice deep 'within-you' would constantly be telling you..'lets do it the right way :D - service to one another'. God would have approved this because the 'honest' you always represents God in your very person. What doesn't represent God is that part in you seeking individual desires, gains and pleasures.

Doing not the better way, (and yet a treatment is possible and within your attainment), would deem you to be a rather a negligent person unwilling to do free service to others thus not acting according to the statement 'thou shall not kill'.
    Which also shows that love and service has not been practiced. "... Love your neighbour as you would have loved yourself, your kids or your parents... " means what it means

This is my contribution.
    What do you think of it?

Thanks. :)

Brackets.
    dave5150 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2004, 01:03 PM
    euthanasia
    Most religions consider suicide a sin but the Vatican believes it is okay to refuse medical treatment for a terminal condition. I'm not sure if most religions support the removal of life support in a comatose patient though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best scar treatment? [ 14 Answers ]

Well I recently got in a car accident about 4 weeks ago, and I got cut pretty bad on my face, and has a big scar... anyone know of a real good scar treatment that has worked for theM?? I have tried mederma and have seen no results.

Hepititus C treatment [ 4 Answers ]

When someone is being treated for Hepititus C with Copegus and/or Pegasys, will the patient need to be off work or will they be able to continue working with the treatment?

Treatment for sinusitis [ 14 Answers ]

Does anyone have any home remedies for sinusitis? I'm pregnant so I can't take antibiotics. Thanks!

View more questions Search