Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alex1999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 02:06 AM
    Should Homo Habilis and Homo Rudolfensis be put into a new genus?
    Should Homo Habilis and Homo Rudolfensis be put into a new genus because they are too ape like to be considered homo, yet are too smart and advanced to be considered Australopithecus?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 05:05 AM

This is a great debate, alex. The only problem is that there is no cranial evidence with rudolfensis as there is with habilis. If the Leakeys couldn't determine this with more research and more digging, then someone else will have to discover rudolfensis with more cranial evidence but seeing as the remains are so astoundingly old, I don't think that is going to happen.

Leakey lumped him in with the genes 'homo' because he couldn't determine brain size.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put it on him! [ 24 Answers ]

So me and my boyfriend has been dating for almost 2 years. We've only had sex twice. We tried to develop a friendship before we deicde to have serious relationship. We recently had a conversation about aresex life. He told me that we have a issue with our sex life. He told me that I am very...

I can't put her down. [ 2 Answers ]

HELP.. My baby girl will not let me put her down, She is 8weeks old and the ONLY place she will sleep is in your arms and if I do get to put her dow it will only be for no longer than 15min. PLEASE HELP ME!! I need sleep! :(

What would you put here? [ 28 Answers ]

Recently me and my friends made our own t-shirts with our own slogan. I put "Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?" & "I have PMS and a handgun, any questions?". What would you put on yours?

How do I put [ 2 Answers ]

My fathers name on my birth certifact

View more questions Search