Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bharani_sharma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 12:40 AM
    Which is the best language for socket programming
    Hi friends, I am new to industry. Can U *** help Me out saying which language is best for developing GUI and that should Support socket programming. And that should run on windows and linux machine (cross platform language). Please provide Me with complete details so that I can make a move.. thanks
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 01:52 PM

C/C++ would be my personal choice. However, if your programmers aren't fluent in them, or you don't have the in-house expertise to maintain contracted code, etc. then they may not be the best choice for you.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 20, 2010, 11:57 AM

If you understand the basic concepts of socket creation and TCP/UDP connections, Visual Basic is a decent language for simple tools. It's where I first started learning. I agree with scleros, though. I prefer c++, but it may not be what fits your needs the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming language [ 2 Answers ]

What is the differences between programming languages and generations 1-4

Programming language [ 2 Answers ]

What is the most essential and easy to learn language

Asp programming language [ 2 Answers ]

The web site I develop work properly in another computer but unable to work in my PC and the message it displays is unupdateable query in internet explorer so what shall I do?

Best First Programming Language [ 17 Answers ]

I'm have a hard time deciding which programming language I should learn first. I have a friend who learned Java and said it's relatively simple, and it seems to have more compatibility than something like C or C++, but then I hear the C# will. My friend is using Java to make computer games, and if...

View more questions Search