Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    midel_domingo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 07:59 PM
    Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit
    Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit?
    midel_domingo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 07:59 PM

Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 02:21 PM

You use the term "electrical Conduit". Is there electrical power in there too? If so I wouldn't do it since there would most likely be signal interference. However, if just empty conduit, go ahead.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2010, 05:35 PM
    You cannot mix low and line voltage wires in a conduit. However you may use conduit to protect low voltage wires. The intermixing of the two is prohibited.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 08:58 PM

I sure hope so, I see it a lot. And have done.(TV and Tel)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 08:48 AM
    The issue may be if one conduit can be used for both telephone and CATV incoming utilities.

Often, most utilities want their cables in separate conduits, for their feeders from poles or underground distribution systems to a building.

If the conduit is not for the incoming utilites, and is for private telephone and cable TV wiring, then these can be in the same conduit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

N.E.C. Entrance cable and conduit [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a new residential service on my house. Small mishap with a tree this past weekend. Does code specify that my entrance cable must be in conduit since there is a side walk on the same side as the service? If so what is the minimum size plastic conduit I need to use for a 100 amp...

Conduit size for MHF cable [ 5 Answers ]

Hi -- What is the proper conduit size for installing 4/0-4/0-4/0-2/0 Mobile Home Feeder cable? The meter box is on a pole about 25 feet from the house. The cable is rated for direct burial, but I think I should run the whole way in conduit because of the rocky soil.

Cable/conduit lubricant for pulling new cable? [ 1 Answers ]

What is recommended lubricant for pulling cable through conduit?

Can I run a electrical line in the same conduit as phone and cable? [ 9 Answers ]

Aloha All, I built a little 8'x12' office that is approximately 185ft from my main house. I was planning on running a electric, phone, and cable line in an underground conduit from my house to the office. Can I just use 20A romex for the electrical line that will be tapped off an exterior...

Cable TV and Telephone New Service Entrance [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in the process of changing the location where the telephone and cable service come into my house to a new location. I was wondering if there is a proper way to correctly attach the two lines (one coax for cable and one multi conductor for telephone) coming from the overhead pole in my back...

View more questions Search