Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 10:04 PM

Mmmm could you bake the bread with the cheese and garlic spread on it? And do you cook the garlic in the measuring cup?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 10:23 PM
    I bake the garlic in the larger pyrex container... might be a 4 or 6 cup container... garlic half to 2/3 covered with oil, salt, pepper... top sealed tight with heavy foil.

I allow an hour and change for it to bake, though it often takes that 45 min. and the smell of roasted garlic in the house is so awesome.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 10:39 PM

You guys are making me very hungry!

I'm a good cook, but I don't enjoy it, maybe because I never get to cook the things I really love. My kids and R are very picky eaters, so it's usually the same thing often, bland, nothing exciting. My mother taught me a lot and boy could that woman cook. Sadly she didn't pass on her baking skills. But Betty Crocker and I are good friends, so no worries. ;)

You all are making me long to be able to cook the things I used to cook before I got married and had 3 very finicky people to cook for.
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 10:42 PM

When I get there, I'll cook, and tell them in my best Polish/Russian accent (yea, they sound the same) "Now you eat, and you like it!!!"
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 10:45 PM

I've already tried the German accent with "Shutta up and eat or I breaka your nose". Didn't work.

Somehow, making people that would live off Mac and cheese appreciate the finer things in life, isn't easy. ;)
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 10:49 PM

Ok well that's easy, we will cook them newfie spaghetti (KD and wieners) and me and you will do some gourmet cooking for ourselves.
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 11:00 PM

That's a deal Bella. Hey, on your way, pick up KP, than we can relax while he does all the cooking, and other stuff. ;)
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 11:02 PM

Sure, I'll get the plane to stop at his place on the way over!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 11:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    That's a deal Bella. Hey, on your way, pick up KP, than we can relax while he does all the cooking, and other stuff. ;)
    All I can say is I'm a helluva cook when I'm in a great mood. And maybe a short nap before.
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    all i can say is im a helluva cook when im in a great mood. and maybe a short nap before.
    Well dear I'm very sure I can keep you in a good mood, and rub your back for you so you can drift off into peaceful slumber, before and after the meal.

I'm a giver. I give. :D

Now, let's discuss the menu.

Of course I'm sure Bella and I will take over some of the cooking duties, in between pedicures and shopping. I wish! ;)
    Dogs Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 08:18 AM

I'm not so much of a giver as Alty, but don't worry, I'll make sure you are happy! :D
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I've already tried the German accent with "Shutta up and eat or I breaka your nose". Didn't work.
    Well, there's your problem. You needed to say that with your best Mafia sort of New York Italian kind of accent.

How long have you guys been over here talking about food? I've popped over here occasionally and nothing was ever going on.
    Dogs Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 08:31 PM

I just found this forum. LOL Check out the curry chicken thread.
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 08:44 PM

I just made chocolate cake (thank you betty crocker) and a sort of kind of cream cheese icing.

I didn't have enough cream cheese, or enough icing sugar, so I used the cream cheese I had, margarine, the little bit of icing sugar I had, vanilla, and strawberry jello powder.

It actually tastes really good. :)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 08:46 PM
    [QUOTE=;]This is one I tried Sunday.

French Onion Soup

Ingredients

8 onions, sliced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/3 cup olive oil
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    8 cups beef stock
    1/4 cup dry white wine
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 bay leaf
    Salt and pepper
    1 loaf French bread
    2 cups grated Gruyere
    Directions
    Sauté onions and garlic in oil over low heat until tender and golden yellow. Sprinkle flour over onions, cook a few minutes more, browning the flour well. Add stock and wine and bring to a boil, add thyme and bay leaf. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 20 minutes or so. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Meanwhile, slice French bread into 3/4-inch slices and butter both sides. Toast slices on griddle until golden brown. Ladle soup into an ovenproof bowl, add toasted bread and cover with cheese. Place ovenproof bowl on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Bake at 350 degrees F or 5 minutes under a hot broiler.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The story of creation [ 156 Answers ]

The story of creation (gen 1-2:4). What does the passage mean to its original viewers?

Creation [ 10 Answers ]

... a different kind In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and Populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green And yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would Live long and healthy lives. Then using God's great gifts, Satan created...

Website creation [ 1 Answers ]

I have downloaded a web page maker and I have created my site but when I publish my site it won't let do it why

New user creation [ 3 Answers ]

How tocreate new user in xp os

View more questions Search