Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seville Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2010, 10:30 AM
    What's it like to work on a cruise liner
    Hello,

I've applied to work on a cruise liner as beauty receptionist. I was wondering what is life like on a cruise? The contrat will be 3months in the caribean, and 3months in the meditaraen! I'm 31, is there mostly young people working aboard? Will I feel traped for several months on the cruise with one day off a week?
    Please tell me your experiences of working on a cruise ship?What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 10:18 AM

If you are young, single, and love meeting people, it's a fun job.. but if you are seeking a career, this is not.
    seville Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    If you are young, single, and love meeting people, it's a fun job.. but if you are seeking a career, this is not.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply! Is 31 young to work on a cruise? I'm single. I want to meet new people, especially travelling the world and combining that with working with children and gain experience!
    I have been doing some research and some people have made careers on the cruise liners and love it.
    Anyway I won't know until I try! Did you work on one? If so what advice can you give me before working on one?
    Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good job to try to apply for if I want to do clerical work [ 2 Answers ]

I work for the state as a temp. So my job isn't permanent. I don't get any benefits and I hope from office to office every 6-9 months. I want to find something that I am stable and secure in without having to worry about packing up and going to another office. I would like to keep doing clerical...

1990 cruise control doesn't work "Honda Accord LX" [ 2 Answers ]

Like title says.. I have checked the fuses.. But that is not the issue ? Any suggections ?

I met this guy on the cruise and I want this to work. How do I keep him in my life? [ 1 Answers ]

So I went on a cruise three weeks ago and I met this kid, Corey, at a club for 15-17 yr olds. It was awkward trying to get to talk to him at first but after getting into the conversation I realized how chill and amazing he was. Back in my town everyone is so predictable. I could totally talk for...

03 lincoln navi cruise control, radio/ volume control, horn doesn't work. [ 2 Answers ]

Just need what ever you guys know about this situation. The horn, cruise control, radio volume buttons don't work. Oh yes I checked all the fuses. They are all good. Could it be because of the alarm system? I don't know somebody please help me out.

2001 EX 5-speed (speedometer/tachometer/cruise control/starter don't work) [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 EX 5-speed. A few hundred miles after I changed the clutch, the speedometer/tachometer/cruise control all stopped working. Yesterday, the car wouldn't crank over at all. It seems like a dead battery, but the battery is brand new. The starter sometimes clatters, but will NOT turn the...

View more questions Search