Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tim burke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 08:21 AM
    Snapper lawn mower runs then dies
    I have a fairly recent model, zero turn snapper ride on. It has been nothing but trouble since I got it, but so far most of the problems I have been able to solve myself. Now I'm stumped. It starts fine, but after 3-4 minutes it shuts down. I put it this way because it doesn't sputter or show and symptoms that I could use to aid in diagnosis. First the blade cuts out, then one second later it just shuts down as if I had gotten out of the seat, or raised the parking brake. It will not restart or even click for about ten seconds, then it starts up fine again. This cycle repeats with the time between episodes decreasing each time. I have checked fuel, gas cap vent, oil, plug, etc. It seems to me one of the safety switches is malfunctioning, but that is just a guess. Has anyone else run into this problem?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 08:41 AM

Hi,
    There should be relays on that machine that are black rectangular plastic boxes about 1" square and a bit longer. The giveaway is they have bunches of wires going to them. They control these functions in conjunction with the safety switches. Suspect the seat switch has become too sensitive, also.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snapper Riding Mower Runs But No Movement [ 3 Answers ]

I bought this 1985 model used and refurbished... I thought. Looking at other threads... I can say that when putting the mower in 1 through 5 speeds or reverse will work until the blades are engaged. I can see when I tilted the mower back.. the rubber "flywheel"? Moves back and forth. This mower...

Toro 6.5hp lawn mower starts, runs no power and dies [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I have a toro 6.5hp gts. The lawn mower never has given me any trouble but now has no power . It either starts up and dies or will run but once you hit any amount of grass not Previously mowed will die. Help Thanks Danny

Lawn Tractor runs but dies when blades are engaged [ 4 Answers ]

My troy bilt 17.5 42" lawn tractor was cutting the lawn just fine when the wife I love hit a rise in the yard, slamming the blades into the ground and killing the engine. Now, it will start just fine but when you engage the blades, it kills the engine. What did the wife I still love do to my lawn...

Replace a Lawn Mower Belt for a Snapper Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I don't know the model number of this mower but it a snapper and its kind of little and cute looking very used and says briggs and straton on it 10 hp and 30" single blade. I bought it used and the pully is no longer used to start it, it now starts with the key turn and choke. I need to replace...

Snapper Mower, riding, B&Stranton 9hp Starts, runs, dies... [ 2 Answers ]

So I was feeling pretty snappy from having got my mom's push mower running. She had put a new spark plug in, I gapped it, and drained fuel, took of round thingy with a float in it and washed a screw with hole (in gas). She is mowing with it now! Great... But her riding mower, snapper, with 9...

View more questions Search