Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mserpas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 08:17 AM
    My mother green card issue
    My mother came with a tourist visa, I applied for her green card (I'm a US citizen) and she stayed about 3 years, then the interview came to El Salvador's consulate so she went back home and she was denied entering to the US, we appealed and was denied what could we do in this situation? Please help. Will the case be closed, do I have to re apply for I130 again.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Aug 16, 2010, 09:47 AM

Difficult case. The problem is that she left the US for the visa interview. She could have stayed in the US and gotten the permanent residence approved, even as a long-term overstay, under section 245(a) as an immediate relative of a USC. By leaving the US, she triggered the 10-year bar under section 212(a)(9)(B)(ii).

You need to see if the USCIS or the CONOFF adjudicated the I-130 and denied the visa or denied the I-130. If denied, you need to file again with the USCIS, then prepare the immigrant visa application with a waiver for the immigration violation. Difficult, because you need to prove up extreme hardship to you as a USC if she is denied the immigrant visa. Her hardship is not relevant under the current immigration laws.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Check with AILA or the state bar association for a referral. Good luck.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 09:22 AM

Agree with NYcityboy. This is very difficult case. Get the best immigration attorney you could afford.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there low income programs that helps to get your green card even with legal issue? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is a USA citizen I want to get a green card the only problem is that in the past I have 2 felony this was about 6 years ago and have gone to lawyers , but their rate is like 10.000 dollars,which is a lot for me and I want to know if even with this issue that I have there is any program...

Can my daughter who is a you s citizen derivatively file for green card for her mother? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter will be filing for citizenship by derivation. She was under 18 when her father naturalised. She will be applying for a US passport next week. Can she then file for a green card for me?

Green card application issue [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been in the US for 7 years now - on F1 visa, and will be on H1-B beginning next month (for a period of two years). When could I start a green card application? How long would I have to be on work visa before that? Can I apply right after my work visa starts? Thank you! MP

Divorce Prior to Green Card Issue [ 3 Answers ]

I am a U.S. citizen. I married my husband abroad in his home country. He is now in the United States with me, and he is very abusive. We have been living together for 6 months waiting for the green card interview. I thought he would change, but he has not. We are scheduled to have a green card...

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search