Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterc13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 01:47 AM
    Can an animal rescue centre claim to own an animal after you purchase it?
    I have a question about the rights of ownership over a cat.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 03:59 AM

Hello p:

There's MORE to this story. If you want a CORRECT answer, you'll tell us EVERYTHING.

excon

Aug 16, 2010, 06:58 AM
    What more do you need to know?
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 07:07 AM

Hello again, peter:

I want to know WHY you think you own the cat, and WHY they think they do. Something HAPPENED. I want to know WHAT, and I want you to tell me EVERYTHING about it.

The law is very precise. It's based on WHAT HAPPENED. So, I need to know WHAT HAPPENED.

excon

Aug 16, 2010, 01:14 PM

Well, we took the cat to the vets to be castrated and the vets needed to know if he had been vacinated. My mother rang the rescue centre, asked he was, the woman was very rude and told us to check his paper work. We did and found that it said the cat is her property and she can retrieve it any time. My mother paid for the cat on the 3/3/2010. Can she claim to own the cat if she has signed him over?
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peterc13 View Post
    told us to check his paper work. We did and found that it said the cat is her property and she can retrieve it any time.can she claim to own the cat if she has signed him over?
    Hello again, peter:

It doesn't sound like she DID sign him over. You have paperwork saying that it's HER cat. Therefore, it IS. I don't know what you think happened at the rescue center, but whoever got the cat SHOULD have read the paperwork.

excon

Aug 17, 2010, 01:18 AM

Ok thank you, I wasn't there when the cat was purchased. It was my mother and my brother.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washington state law for animal rescue( squirrels) [ 1 Answers ]

I have a western gray squirrel that I rescued 1 yr ago (female) as a baby. Do I need a rescue licence or certification to keep her? Animal control is asking questions about her. She is domesticated does not bite and is very loving. I'm her walking tree.

Animal Names that start with the letter 'X'? [ 2 Answers ]

What animal name starts with an X?

Animal name [ 5 Answers ]

Animal name starting with y

Name of this animal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, could someone please identify this animal? I would appreciate it.:) http://i8.tinypic.com/25h0etv.jpg

Pet or animal Rescue [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any others here that do any sort of animal rescue? If so what kind and where? I was just wondering because I read every one profile and I seem to be the only one that is involved in this. I currently am volunteering for an equine rescue and of course my piggies.

View more questions Search