Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigi1212 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Computer geeek,

It depends on what kind of guy you are, some guys can pull it off(cartilage piercing), some can't. If you look like Jay Manuel (americas next top model) then yes, that would look great lol Ask some of your friends or something. However, I don't really like lip piercings... (this is a girls opinion)
    Mine cost about $30 but then I had to buy the cleaning stuff so it was like 42

If you have anymore Qs, I'll answer them!!

~Gigi
    neonDreams-- Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 03:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amour_amour363
    I am getting the top of my ear pierced, like on the side in the cartilage. I was wondering how much it will hurt if it is being done with a needle (not a gun) and how high chance it is for infection. I know that it takes alot longer than a hole in your earlobe to heal, about a few months?
    The first time I got mine pierced, I did it myself, which took longer to go the skin, but didn't hurt very much. I then got it pierced with a gun, which was a quick sharp pain. It does ache for a couple of hours afterwards, but nothing unbearable. For a couple of weeks after you get it pierced, it is sore to sleep on or pull, but nothing bad.
    bizgem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 04:37 PM
    About two weeks ago I got my cartilage pierced with a needle. Of course, it hurt a little bit but was not nearly as bad as I thought. It was sore for about an hour after, but that is about it.
    I would say go for it!
    yippyioo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Brandy I had exactly the same thing, people scared me so much saying it would hurt etc and I eventually got it done... and it hurt LESS THAN GETTING MY LOBES DONE! And I'm so fed up with you people who scare people that they should not get their cartillage done, because either you're a bunch of babies with a very low pain threshold or your just trying to be irritating. I got mine done with a piercing gun and it was very quick.. no pain what so ever and honestly.. no lie I am the worst ever with pain so I would be telling you if it hurt the slightest bit - which it didn't.
    Mine hasn't ached.. swollen or anything.. its not even the slightest bit red.
    But as everyone says you must NOT sleep on it.. otherwise then you'd be in trouble.
    I got mine done in claire's.
    Please, whoever wants to get their cartillage done.. dont be the least bit scared because its SO PAINLESS and don't listen to anyone telling you it will shatter your cartillage or be so painful or swell up so bad and just get it done! Its worth it!!
    Don't sit there wondering if you should get it done or not.. like I stupidly did.
    It looks great aswel!!
    laniis13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Well I got mine pierced about 4 days agoo.. and I did it myselff! Just with a earingg.. and it doesn't hurt when it gets pierced but it will be soree for a whilee. And now my ear doesn't hurtt! Don't sleep on it either bcus its going to hurt a little..
    TrulyUnique476 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Whoever said that when you get your cartilage pierced with a gun doesn't hurt must have been under the influence of some miracle drug. I turnd 18 in the middle of may and got my cartilage pierced soon after. I went to Claire's because Mom said that tattoo parlors were completely out of the question. So, I went to Claire's, armed with birthday money, excitement, and a scrunchie. I also wanted a second lobe piercing, so, in total, I was getting 4 piercings at once. One in each ear on the cartilage and a second one on the lobe. Cost me about 50 dollars. When she finally got those horrible purple dots in the same spot on both ears, I was told to take a deep breath and *BOOM*, she did it. It really hurt. I mean, really. I suppose it depends on how thick your actual cartilage is, and mine must be pretty thick. My ear was hot and red for several hours afterwards. Keep in mind: when you get your ears pierced with a gun, you are forcing a blunt object through your ear. Not good. I found this out AFTER I had it done. Now, almost 2 months later (recommended healing period) my ears still hurt when I sleep on them, but other than that, I love the piercings. Please, don't use a gun. Use a sterile needle to maximize safety and minimize risk. I hope you go through with it. Good luck!
    bballbabyy3210 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 06:56 PM
    I'm really considering getting my cartilage done as well and I see the opinion on how much it hurts is different from everyone. I am wondering if anyone has there belly button done as well and if the pain was more or less than that because I got my belly button done and was pleasantly surprised by how little it hurt
    volcomst5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Im 12 and yesterday I got mine done. It dident hurt at all, Trust me use the gun my friend got the needle and she said it really hurt. Yet mine diddent
    BatteryPoweredStar-- Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Mine was done at a tattoo parlour and a needle was used, it is highly sanitary. The chances of it getting infected depends on your cleaning methods, there is no chance that if you go to a professional that it will get infected just by that, you have to make sure you clean it, because I didn't clean it for a number of weeks in the middle of the healing and it got infected, and it hurt, but it quickly healed itself. Your cartilige is predicted the 8/10th most painful peircing, but honestly it doesn't hurt at all, just pinch the top of your ear with your nails and it kinda' feels like that. When you've got this peircing then you get another somewhere else, your belly button for example, it hurts A lot less as that one was more painful (: hope this helps xox

Ps. Don't listen to volcomst5, a gun is the stupidest way.
    hiyaparis Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Personally I'd do the gun.

But if you decide to go with the gun make sure they take the back out and when the earring is in your ear then put it on or else the pressure will screw your ear up and make it throb badly.

As for the unsafe... just make sure you take care of it and when you clean it your hands are clean.
    SamraDarling Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolitah_xx View Post
    i think it would hurt alot less if u got it pierced with a gun, seriously!! try going to walmart or claire's bcuz they'll pierce it with a gun... i dont think its easy to get infected bcuz mines never got infected and i didnt clean it as much as i was suppose to.. leave the earring they pierce it with in for 12 weeks.. good luck and if u can avoid getting it done with a needle than its better!!

Needle piercings are a lot safer then piercing guns. I pierce and I never use piercing guns. Piercing guns can traumatize skin tissue, and if skin tissue is traumatized in the cartilage area in some cases people get kellids, which is abnormal tissue growth in the area of the piercing. Just Google it =)
    SamraDarling Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 07:01 AM

o you =) people that say cartilage piercings are painful are most likely referring to the healing process and the soreness that comes after getting the piercing. The piercing it self may not hurt but for most people the healing after does, especially on people with longer hair who may have the stud get tangled. The cartilage piercing that I would say hurts an extended period after it is pierced would be an industrial piercing. Where you have two spots in the cartilage pierced and a industrial bar shaped jewelry going through both holes. The reason for this is the jewelry is usually pretty heavy since most jewelry in shops used is made of surgical steel, and every you make fast movements the bar is heavy on your ear so you can really feel it, especially when it isn't healed.
    mizzthang4806 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:28 PM

cartilage piercings do not hurt one bit. I have mine done twice in my right ear and I thought it was the easiest thing I had ever done. I got all hyped up and scared right before and then when they did it, I was like wow... that was nothing.

I say get it done. They look super cute! =]
    jyk2442 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 06:12 PM

Uhh they don't hurt? Yeah maybe at first but it really depends on your skin. I had extreme case of cellulitus, ran a high fever and had to be put on an IV in the hospital for 2 weeks. I look like I have cauliflower ear now so I don't recommend this peircing.
    X0babyboo26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Ok well I just got my cartalige peorced a couple of hours ago And to be honist people are going to syk u out I was about to tell the lady not to do it that I was scared and to be honist it feels better then a shot he'll you if u want if get it I got it with the gun dead serous it was greats and I love it!!
    JaCKiiE Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 11:01 AM

I got mine done like a month ago and when they're doing it with a gun it doesn't hurt. I didn't even feel it. What kind of hurts is afterwards. Good Luck.
    madyrox101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy681 View Post
    Cartilage piercings honestly do not hurt.. I was scared for a very long time of having it done and when I finally did I did not feel anything at all. It feels like when you get your lobe done... you may feel a light pinch but I didn't feel anything at all. It hurt heck of a lot less that a shot, I mean you really can't feel it. I got mine done at Claires with a gun and it didn't hurt. I heard that if you go to a tattoo parlor they will do it with a needle and it will hurt a little but with a needle the wound heals faster so it is up to you. I am chicken and I am afraid of needles and I got mine done in the mall, it was not bad.. A lot of people was watching and afterwards there is NO pain. I said thats it, I didn't feel it! My ear was sore for a few days afterwards when I slept on my ear, only and after I got off of my ear it don't hurt. Also it is a little sore when I touch the ear and clean it but when I don't touch it my ear is fine. I have had a pimple in the back of the cartilage area of my ear that hurts bad before but this piercing doesn't hurt.. A pimple on the ear is worse, honestly. The worse part is thinking that it is going to hurt but it wont hurt. They say that having your cartilage pierced with a needle, your ear will heal faster and you can use a ring also instead of a stud but the pain is more too when the needle goes through, you wont even feel a ear gun though, also a needle is more sterile. I have had absolutely NO problems with my piercing though, everything has been fine~~ Hope this helps
    I just wantto say thank you for giving me the courage to go and get it done. I will go and get it done this very weekend. I am a little scared, I have to admit. But, now that you told me it doesn't hurt, I will get it done! Thanks a million!
    madyrox101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yippyioo View Post
    brandy i had exactly the same thing, people scared me so much saying it would hurt etc and i eventually got it done...and it hurt LESS THAN GETTING MY LOBES DONE! And im so fed up with u ppl who scare ppl that they should not get their cartillage done, because either your a bunch of babies with a very low pain threshold or your just trying to be irritating. I got mine done with a piercing gun and it was very quick..no pain what so ever and honestly..no lie i am the worst ever with pain so i would be telling you if it hurt the slightest bit - which it didn't.
    Mine hasnt ached ..swollen or anything..its not even the slightest bit red.
    But as everyone says you must NOT sleep on it..otherwise then you'd be in trouble.
    I got mine done in claire's.
    Please, whoever wants to get their cartillage done..dont be the least bit scared because its SO PAINLESS and dont listen to anyone telling you it will shatter ur cartillage or be so painful or swell up so bad and just get it done!! its worth it!!!!
    dont sit there wondering if you should get it done or not.. like i stupidly did.
    it looks great aswel!!!!
    Thank you soooooooo much for letting me kow that it doesn't hurt. People were really starting tio scare me about it shattering. So, I will get it done this weekend. All thanks to you!
    J85ABI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Hi um I got my cartlidge pierced today with a gun and I don't really feel the pain what should I do now, like should I ice it or?
    longwood0813 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 12:29 PM

I have an industrial (if you don't know what that is I'm sorry) but its basically 2 piercings with a bar in the cartilage. It will hurt a little getting done but after a while it will stop. Just keep it clean. Cartilage piercings are the easiest to get infected. And get it done with a needle. They are far more sanitary. Just clean it with antibiacterial soap or salt water. Try not to lay on it cause it will suffocate and lengthen healing time. Wait about 2 months before you change any rings. And go to a reliable place to avoid infection as well. Like I said, my industrial hurt but those hurt more than just cartilage. It depends on the person. GOOD LUCK!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing hurt? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm going to get my cartilage pierced soon and was wondering how bad and for how long it would hurt. I was also thinking of getting two at one time... should I do this? Thanks! Tell me your experiences :)

Getting a Cartilage Piercing soon - does it hurt? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 13, and I'm getting a Cartilage Piercing soon, but I would like to know if it hurts before getting it done.

How much does a cartilage piercing hurt? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartlage pierced on Wednesday the 22nd December 2010 and I am so nervous about if it will hurt or not because I have heard from some people that it does but from others I have heard that it doesn't

Is it normal for your ear not to hurt at all after a cartilage piercing? [ 2 Answers ]

I am able to touch and sleep on my ear even though my piercing is new. It doesn't hurt and all I hear about is how much pain people are in from getting pierced. Can this somehow mean I could get an infection or am I just being paranoid?

Does piercing your cartilage hurt [ 1 Answers ]

I don't think it hurts when I got mine don't at claires it wasa little stinging for about 18 seconds and I juts got mine done I remember and it hurts when I roatate them and when you touch it or something hits it remember don't sleep on it cause it will go right through your ear

View more questions Search