Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samir_raut88 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Dec 20, 2006, 03:48 PM
    What do u guys think:

Dreamweaver or Frontpage? Lets say for a novice. If u were to rate them out of 5??
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Dreamweaver = 5
    FrontPage = 4

If money is not an issue, then go with Dreamweaver. In my opinion they're equal as far as ease of learning goes... but DW gets the extra point for it's extra features, and lack of "odd" code that gets strewn into the pages.

The price difference is pretty huge, though... so if money is an issue, then go with FrontPage. Despite it's less than wonderful reputation with top end web designers, it will do probably everything you want and more.

... just my opinion.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 05:34 AM
    FrontPage had a nasty feature of adding unnecessary code, I'm not sure if that is relevant to the current version.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Dec 21, 2006, 06:20 AM
    I hear that from the end of this year they will no longer be selling Front page in a number of outlets in Europe because Micro-Soft are launching a brand new web package.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2006, 02:47 AM
    You're right NwsFlash. MS new product is called Expression Web.

Samir - both Dreamweaver and Expression Web offer free trial periods. Give them both a download and try them for yourself. I really like Dreamweaver but I haven't touched Expression Web so I cannot vouch for it.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2006, 04:32 AM
    Note: If your will be using the software for non-profit or educational purposes, you can get the Academic version of Dreamweaver for pretty cheap.
    githua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Dreamweaver, No question. Especially if you do most of the stuff yourself e.g graphics editing and flash animations. With the current CS3 version, you can seamlessly use most of the web dev, applications from adobe e.g Photoshopcs3 and dreamweaver.

As a pro web developer, iv'e found myself using Adobe products which cater for most (actually -all) the stuff I create in websites

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add this in frontpage ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm using frontpage just to build my wesite where there should be a place on one of the pages to point to some commands to make the user run a web-application (something like the hyperlink which points to a web-page but in my case it points to an application ), I've to add some...

Dreamweaver and auto resizing [ 5 Answers ]

I am working on a website in Dreamweaver and I am running into a small problem. I am working on a large screen laptop with screen settings of 1440 x 900 pixels. Of course everything looks fine. However, when I go to a different computer with 800 x 600 settings or something different than...

Frontpage 2000 Sitewide Text Changes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm doing updates on a website for somebody and it has to be done in Frontpage, I haven't used this program in years. The address has changed, and it's on each page of the site. I can do a search and replace to change part of it, but there is one line that needs to be deleted. Is there a way to...

View more questions Search