Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    montymc1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 12:59 PM
    Help! Maybe Getting the Shaft from my HVAC Compnay?
    Facts

1. Trane A Coil Model# 4txcc060bc3hcaa (5 ton 410a A coil)

2. Conord compressor Model# 2ac13b60p-2a (5 ton R22)

I'm in a house that is about a year old. It's a R22 system. The A coil
    Had a slow leak. Everything worked just fine until it ran low on freon. I had it refilled couple of times.
    So I Called my local HVAC (southern heating and air). They said my a coil
    Need to be replaced. They gave me some A coil options of what type of coil to put in. I just told them to put in the best one. They said the Trane would be the best and it would be 1200.00 for the install. One of the tech said something about putting something in the coil to make it work. It was over my head what he was trying to say. So they came and did the job in about 2 hours. The AC stayed on a day and half and never turned off. Then It stopped cooling all together. I called and they came out and Said now my compressor overheated and needed to be replace.. He cooled it down and it came on again. The unit is drawing 16 amps (18.5 is max on the side of panel). Pressures are 240 and 90. The big copper line is just barley sweating (with old Coil, sweat was running everywhere). The compressor was just fine before the coil was changed. So they say the compressor is under warranty but they want 550 in labor. Oh, on the Box of the A coil, It Says 410A REFRIGERANT ONLY.

I'm perplexed to say the least. They have the new compressor coming in. I called them and told them to put the hold on the install. I feel that something is not right somewhere elsewhere.

What should be my next step?

If anybody has a question, Ask it. I'll do my best to answer it.

Please don't be hesitant to post your thoughts.
    montymc1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 03:10 PM

Bump
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 03:22 PM

Most coils are for both freon. That should not be a problem inless the did not take out the 410a txv in the coil. Does the new coil have a expancion valve or a piston? How old is the outdoor unit?
    kdb4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2011, 11:01 AM
    That coil has an R410a TXV expansion valve in it. They put in the wrong coil. From the pressures you are reporting your system was running R-22. A new R410a condenser will work with that coil, but the correct R-22 coil would have worked fine with your old condenser just as well. Looks like they ended up selling you a while new system when all you needed was an R-22 coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sued By Credit Card Compnay [ 1 Answers ]

I was served a letter from the sheriff saying that I am being sued by a credit card company named Chase for almost 9,000. I have to get in contact with them in 30 days or I will have to go to court. I called and asked for a settlement payment and its only 400 dollars less than what the balances is....

Old judgement and the compnay is out of business [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my employer was given a wage garnishment for a judgment that is 8 years old. I check the court file and the creditor's lawyers haven't renew the judgement. I also just found out the company that I received the credit from has been out of business for the last 3 years. Can the lawyers...

What can I do about a credit compnay trying to collect a debt that is over 10+ years [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and recently received a letter from a credit agency stating I owe $220 from a verizon bill from 10 years ago. I never was contacted prior to this. I disputed the charge and was told it was a valid charge from GTE/verizon. Do I have to Pay? What are my options? Please help....

View more questions Search