Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazy-mambo Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 21, 2006, 02:16 AM
    My sisters
    Hi
    I have two sisters the same age as me (15) a few years ago they both tried to kill themselves, now this year one of them tried again. They are both adopted (twins) so that might have something to do with it. I was just wondering do you reckon it'll pass, maybe its just them trying to be accepted or something.
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 21, 2006, 02:59 AM
    Crazy-mambo, Please make sure your sisters get counseling. They may be predisposed to genetic illness that they and your family are unaware of. Such as bipolar disorder. Which many a time can be over looked at such a young age. Due mainly to the fact that they are still in emotional/physical development. I am adopted myself and have spent my entire life wishing and wanting to know my medical history information. I worry about what sort of illnesses have been passed down to me genetically. And rightly so. I recently found my birth mother, who died of breast cancer at the age of 47 years old. She suffered with the illness for 10 long years. Terribly suffered. I didn't find her until I reached the age of 41. Where she was diagnosed at the age of 37. I feel my life was jeopardized for not knowing about her illness for 4 potential years+. I didn't have a mamogram as early as I should have if I had known my risk factors for example.
    I have a girlfriend who found her biological sister after many years of searching for her. But Karen killed herself prior to my friend finding her. My friend was worried about Karen because of the mental illnesses in her family genes. And that Karen would not be understood and or receive the necessary treatment due to not knowing about it, etc. For Karen, she was too late. For my Anna Marie, I was too late. Maybe it isn't too late to help find your sisters birth family and at least receive their medical information if it is possible? It could mean life or death to them. I know for me it did, as well as many many other adoptee's not in the know. It is a terrible feeling not knowing anything about your medical history information. Especially if your sisters are experiencing mental illness at such a young age. I also have another friend, I'll call her "J". J searched for her birth family for approximately twenty-years. She was informed by the adoption agency that she had 6 other siblings. Her biological mother was a drug addict and drank alcohol during all of her pregnancies. As J found each sibling, each of them realized what not knowing their medical histories did to their lives. Each had severe learning disorders. Each had troubles with alcohol and drugs in the teens/young adulthood. As well as other significant factors. Most of them are reunited now. And have some of their answers, answered. Some of their fears materalized, yet the can finally understand themselves and monitor/prevent their future as well as their children's future. So please. Get them help. Suponea the court in hope of getting their medical information, if possible. It could mean life or death to them. Or contact the adoption agency, if one was used. Try to find out if there are predisposed illnesses that may require treatment.
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Dec 23, 2006, 03:36 AM
    I think you should be there for them whenever they need it like the good sister you are. If you need to vent or scream or cry then find someone close to you other than your sisters. Someone who is always there no matter what.
    All the best
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2009, 06:15 PM

Well... im 15 myself and when I read what you wrought I was like wow that's not normal for a teen or any one for that matter I think you need to try to get them some help they need your help whether they saw they do or not and if you have no way to hepl at least try to tell an adalt about it such as parents,school conserlor,precher or even other realtives

Hope that this little bit of advice will some how help you I wish you and your sisters the best of luck please give an update on how things are going

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my sisters father, Nolan Sigmund [ 4 Answers ]

His name is Nolan Sigmund. He was in Virginia in 1959 to 1960. He attended Taylorsville Baptist Church in Doswell. He was said to have returned to Georgia around February 1960. My sister found out she was adopted when our mother, Bonnie Martin Blount, passed away. Any info that is helpful would be...

Foreign Film... Sisters? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to figure out the title of this film for months and can't do it, nor does my crummy description jog anyone else's memory. Hoping someone here can help. This was (I believe) a foreign film from the last 8 years or so. In it, there are two sisters, the main character is some...

Mom putting real estate into sisters name [ 8 Answers ]

Mom is 84 years old and has just been diagnosed with parkinsons, she has a sizable real estate asset located in the state she lives (washington) that is free of any liens. My wife is the youngest of three girls and takes care of mom. The other two live out of state and have a very good phone...

I'm looking for my older brother and sisters. [ 3 Answers ]

The last time I saw Naomi, Caroline and Mani was at my fathers funeral, 20 years ago. I do think about them a lot especially now I'm older. I don't understand why they never stayed in touch, Naomi promised me she would stay in touch but never did. We had the same father but different Mum's....

View more questions Search