Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    novaangel Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2004, 09:17 AM
    Dream
    I had a dream about my grand dad who passed on,
    We were in a dark space, I seen a spray of flowers, callalilys. I wondered what this was suppose to mean, while I was Having this dream.
    I thought maybe someone was going to die, I fell to my knees, grandfather told be to be still & I would know.
    Can anyone tell me what this means.here it is several years later & I still don't know.
    Thank you for the help
    DeathBlade Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2004, 04:31 PM
    Re: dream
    Dreams have a scientific explanation. Dreams are created by the right hemisphere of the brain nad are usually fabrications based on memories and sensations. This is why people often dream of recent events. You probably had this dream because he died and you were thinking of him. Lots of things in dreams aren't real and some things are completely illogical, so this dream might not have been an omen it just merely means that you miss him. For further analasys there is a section of this site that specializes in dreams.
    michael_clark Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2004, 10:56 PM
    Dream
    Although dreams may involve the right hemisphere, there's a danger of assuming causality when really all we could be certain of is correlation. Having said that, many believe that dreams penetrate space and time, which may involve some of the stimuli from daily life, but which also wouldn't be reduced to those stimuli.
    novaangel Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2004, 04:02 AM
    Thanks for your thoughts,
    I found it interesting.
    michael_clark Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2004, 06:32 AM
    Yeah.. there are some people who believe that when they dream of a departed loved one, they've really spent some time with them in another realm. The idea is that the soul or "subtle body" travels in the dream state. Again, this may involve activity in certain areas of the brain, but that's about all we can say.

I often think of the analogy of the driver (i.e mind/soul) and the car (i.e body/brain). When we drive a car the engine sparks up in all sorts of ways. But to say that those sparks determine where we are going is misleading. Of course, we need an engine to get places. But we also need drivers behind the wheel.

The strong neurological perspective tends to say that the engine determines where the car goes. I think really what's going on is that some doctors and scientists are somewhat swayed by our culture's tendency to put too much faith in science, alone.

Scientists often ignore philosophers (i.e. people who like to think about the world around them). But many philosophers say that science, itself, is a philosophy. Scientists just don't know it, or don't want to admit it.  :-/
    dreamsfromHim Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2005, 08:02 AM
    Respone
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade
    Dreams have a scientific explaination. Dreams are created by the right hemisphere of the brain nad are usually fabrications based on memories and sensations. This is why people often dream of recent events. You probably had this dream because he died and you were thinking of him. Lots of things in dreams aren't real and some things are completely illogical, so this dream might not have been an omen it just merely means that you miss him. For further analasys there is a section of this site that specializes in dreams.
    As a person who regularly dreams things before they happen (I'm talking several times per week), I would think that dreams have more than a natural (science based) foundation. I believe some (not all) dreams are divinely inspired. What explanation could science have for dreams which show occurrences on a regular basis before they occur?
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Aug 30, 2005, 09:22 AM
    Dreams
    Hello,
    I believe that dreams have no way of perdicting the future but can perdict what is on a persons conscious mind and subconscious mind.

During our waking hours, our five senses are constantly conveying information and images to the brain, but during sleep this is not the case. The brain generates images within itself without any external sensory input. Therefore, what we see in dreams and the actions we experience in them are at times like hallucinations. This makes it possible for us to do things that are violations of natural laws, such as flying like Peter Pan or falling from a cliff without injury. Time may be distorted so that the past is seen as if it were the present. Or if we are trying to run away, we do not seem to have control of our movements—our legs do not want to respond. Strong impressions and experiences that we may have during our waking hours can, of course, affect our dreams. Many who have experienced the frightful atrocities of war cannot easily forget them, nor can some forget the feeling of being attacked by a criminal. Such disturbing experiences while we are awake can emerge in our dreams, causing nightmares. Common things that are on our minds when we go to sleep can surface in our dreams.
    Sometimes when we are trying to solve a problem, the solution comes to us during sleep. This may reflect that not all sleep consists of dreaming. A portion of it is thinking.
    A book about dreams and our brain notes: “The most common form of mental activity in sleep is not dreaming but thinking. Sleep thinking is not accompanied by sensory illusions and is not bizarre. It tends to be commonplace, often concerned with the real-life events of yesterday or tomorrow, and is usually banal, uncreative, and repetitive.”
    Some people feel that the subjects of their dreams have special messages for them. In order to have the dreams interpreted, they keep a notepad by their bed so that they can record them when they awaken. Regarding the usefulness of books that try to give meaning to dream symbols, The Dream Game, by Ann Faraday, says: “Dream books in which you look up the meanings of dream themes and symbols are equally useless, whether they be traditional or based on some modern psychological theory.”
    Since it seems that dreams originate principally within the brain, it is not reasonable to think that they have special messages for us. We should view them as a normal function of the brain that helps maintain it in a healthful condition.
    But what about those who say that they had dreamed of the death of a relative or a friend and learned the next day that the person had died? Does not that indicate that dreams can foretell the future?

No. We only dream about the things in our subconscious minds. Maybe you were thinking about your grandfather during the time you had the dream. I would not worry but live your life, don’t look for something or someone to die or you might convince yourself that dreams can predict the future.

Take care,
    Hope12
    :o
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Aug 30, 2005, 09:56 AM
    Dreams
    You are nearing or at a crossroad in an area of authority, that which will have governing authority, that which will influence the course sought for the new path, a new door opening to you. You will have multiple ways to accomplish this task; however, one will subtly outshine the others. You will know without doubt which way to go; although it may not be of your particular choosing, it will serve to spring forth the newness you desire. Like eating green leafy veggies, you do not particularly care for them, but its nutritional value source of vitamins and minerals outweigh the dislike which would prevent consumption. Your grandfather = paternal order (authority, influence), death = (seperation, fear, change of course, change in direction; end of the old, beginning of new; growth from darkness(similiar to planting seeds, they must die in the soil, the outer layer must shed in order for the life it contains to rec'v the nourishment it needs to grow); the field/flower = life, growth, newness, spring up of that which buds, the uttered words (you will know) = the confidence you will have in making an otherwise odd decision

Aug 30, 2005, 01:45 PM
    Dreams can and do predict (prophesy) the future very accurately. But not for everyone and not every dream does so.

As far as dream symbols, when I dream they usually mean what they mean. For instance, when I dream one of my fish is going to die, one of my fish is going to die. If I dream a certain person is going to be, a certain person is going to be sick.

Some dreams have more details than others also. On October 5, 2004 I dreamed about a baby being born, and so was another baby, the second baby weighed more than the first, it had yellow eyes, and the labor was a breeze. Nine months later, all these facts came true. THe yellow eyes meant jaundice. My sister had a baby, my daughter's cousin had a baby an hour later, both labors were extremely easy, and the baby had jaundice. Additionally, I dreamed this (and posted it to the internet) on the day my sister conceived.

Dreams are prophetic for some people. Namely, prophets. I post my dreams to the internet in a media that can't be tampered with to prove their prophetic quality and they never fail because God never lies. Read Job 33. God constantly speaks to us about the future regarding our dreams but if you don't believe you don't receive.

My family has all witnessed first hand my dreams coming true about them and about me regularly, daily, weekly.

Not all dreams predict the future but some most certainly do.

But when they are prophetic they are obvious and straight forward and they don't require a magician to figure out the symbols.

Aug 30, 2005, 01:46 PM
    Dreams certainly are Prophetic (predictive)
    Dreams can and do predict (prophesy) the future very accurately. But not for everyone and not every dream does so. Just because you do not experience this in your life does not mean that it doesn't happen.

As far as dream symbols, when I dream they usually mean what they mean. For instance, when I dream one of my fish is going to die, one of my fish is going to die. If I dream a certain person is going to be sick, a certain person is going to be sick.

Some dreams have more details than others also. On October 5, 2004 I dreamed about a baby being born, and so was another baby, the second baby weighed more than the first, it had yellow eyes, and the labor was a breeze. Nine months later, all these facts came true. THe yellow eyes meant jaundice. My sister had a baby, my daughter's cousin had a baby an hour later, both labors were extremely easy, and the baby had jaundice. Additionally, I dreamed this (and posted it to the internet) on the day my sister conceived.

Dreams are prophetic for some people. Namely, prophets. I post my dreams to the internet in a media that can't be tampered with to prove their prophetic quality and they never fail because God never lies. Read Job 33. God constantly speaks to us about the future regarding our dreams but if you don't believe you don't receive.

My family has all witnessed first hand my dreams coming true about them and about me regularly, daily, weekly.

Not all dreams predict the future but some most certainly do.

But when they are prophetic they are obvious and straight forward and they don't require a magician to figure out the symbols.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2005, 07:21 PM
    Dreams
    What is seen within dreams is symbolic.
    Often the symbols relate only to the person who is having the dream and therefore difficult for others to interpret without interviewing the dreamer.
    In your dream the dark may be a symbol for "not knowing". You have been in the dark about the subject.
    The lilies, however, may be a revealing symbol such as everything is OK or as an Easter type symbol - the promise of resurrection or new life in another stage of life.
    There is an old saying that may have some validity. It is, "When you dream of someone who has passed this realm their spirit is asking for you to pray for them."
    Hope that is helpful.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi!. my dream... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! My name is Chen, I'm 26, married and a mum of two. I work three days a week at a local café, and I enjoy studying child psychology and counceling in my own time. I have a bit of a dilema which made me find my way somehow to this site, and I was hoping someone might put my mind at...

Help with dream [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here go's, I was at a gathering and my sister said she did not want to Grill. This was all happening in a dark place, I don't exactly know what to make of it, And acouple of weeks ago I had a dream... We were siting across from each other staring at each other, Can any one help...

Bad dream [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: hi i have a problem, ive been with my fiance for almost 3 years, we are now 18 and out of high school and doing very good. we have never cheated on eachother, as far as i know, and we are best friends, im very happy with him, but last night while falling asleep in his arms, i had the...

Dream [ 8 Answers ]

Here go's, I was at a gathering and my sister said she did not want to Grill. This was all happening in a dark place, I don't exactly know what to make of it, and acouple of weeks ago I had a dream... We were siting across from each other staring at each other, Can any one help figure this out,...

Dream [ 2 Answers ]

:-[Hi, Could someone tell me what they think about this dream? OK here go's, I was trying to get a hold of my sister by phone but she did not leave me a phone number and she moved, I then tried looking for her in my car, all of a sudden, there was a small child in the car, she wanted to learn...

View more questions Search