Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bossladi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 01:34 AM
    Removing my child father name off his birth certificate
    I want to take my child father name off of our child's birth certificate due to thefact that my family has a family reunion coming up in 2011 and he doesnt want me to leave the states with our son he doesn't want to sign the paper for his passport.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 14, 2010, 02:06 AM

I f his permission is required for you to take your son out of the country, even if you could change the name, I think you would be guilty of two serious crimes.

I am not an expert but I am sure it is not a good way to go about this.

The people who are much more informed about this will be posting more definitive answers I am sure.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 14, 2010, 04:59 AM

First, this question has been asked many times. It pays to search for similar questions as you can often find your answer without asking. Also since this is a legal issue its been moved to the appropriate forum.

Martinizing is correct. Removing his name will do nothing. A child has to have a father. The State Dept will require a father's signature whether its on the birth certificate or not. The only way to not need the father's signature is if you could prove he's deceased, that you have full legal custody or that his rights were terminated.

A birth certificate is a legal document and can only be changed by a court. What you really need to do is a) go back to the court that issued the custody order and ask to be given full legal custody, b) get the court to give you permission for this trip or c) get him to agree.

Why is he blocking this trip?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 14, 2010, 04:59 AM

You can not remove his name. The reasons your stating aren't good enough for doing something like that. If your having an issue then take him to court over it and have him compelled to sign it if that is what the court orders. The reasons your stating so far are very selfish and the courts would consider you a flight risk if you try it your way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing the non-biological father off birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed the birth certificate and we did a Legal DNA test through DNA diagnostic and found that he is not the biological father. I determined how to change my sons last name, but I do not know how or what to file in order to remove him as the legal father from the birth certificate in...

Child on birth certificate but not the father [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting a divorce and I have a child and my husbands name is on the birth certificate but he is not the biological father. Can I have his name removed from the birth certificate and is he still responsible for child support?

Does a Father have a right to last name on Child Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Does a father have a right to have his last name as his child's last name on the child's Birth Certificate in the State of Georgia?

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search