Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shade3shades Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 01:31 AM
    My skin shade pics
    My body is medium-fair and my face is so so tan, it is 2 shades darker than the rest of my body.

I take Vitamin C 1000 m
    Clinique cleansers and moisturizer etc
    Neutrogena Sunblock 70 SPF

I really am not sure what needs to be done, to get even tone and shades 3 shades from my face and 1 shades from my body

Please suggest
    Attached Images

MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 14, 2010, 10:43 AM

Looks like hyperpigmentation and everything your currently doing is great. You need to start using a product that will lighten the skin. You could try something with alpha arbutin or hydroquinone and also add retin-a.

Aug 15, 2010, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MySunshine View Post
    Looks like hyperpigmentation and everything your currently doing is great. You need to start using a product that will lighten the skin. You could try something with alpha arbutin or hydroquinone and also add retin-a.
    I am interested in using alpha arbutin. But heard that if you buy alpha arbutin power or cream it is unstable chemical like Vit C serums. Like if exposed can turn in to another color.

I am come up with the great home made recepie that I'd like to share with all because buying Vit C serum for long run can be expensive.

Meanwhile can you guide me that way to use alpha arbutin.

Aug 15, 2010, 04:01 AM

Vitamin C can do wonders. I've invested crazy amounts on expensive vitamin C serums till I realized my stupidity. Making a Vitamin C serum is the easiest thing in the world (no kidding). So to give you a little background. Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid Serums are very unstable and are usually come in dark bottles to prevent oxidation, In addition they have stabilizers added to them. The easiest way to make a fresh batch of ascorbic acid is to get the following ingredients:
    1. Pure Vitamin C powder (Don't crush vitamin C pills as they contain binding agents). You can get these from any pharmacy or food store.
    2. Glycerin
    3. water

Mix 1/4 tsp powder in 1 tsp of water (or more) or until it dissolves. Mix in enough glycerin to make a serum. Apply on face before going to bed and Vola. If you Google "DIY vitamin C serum", you'll have a lot of sites pop up with their own recipes.

Aug 15, 2010, 02:19 PM

DIY Vit C serum will use it.

I want to use Alpha Arbutin cream for night purpose. I will buy it from skinactives.com. But how to mix how to use plsssssssssssss some one guide me.

:)

Aug 21, 2010, 09:00 AM

Ok, I have used Gycolic peel 50% on my face, I could not handle it for more than 2 min. is that bad?

After 2 hrs skin around my nose is still burning. I have also applied Neutroliser but I think it is still burning and has tingling effect. I think it is working yapeee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's your Skin Tone, and How Light You want to Go? (pics) [ 26 Answers ]

What's your tone now, and what's your goal? http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af126/Golden-Guy/skintone1.jpg I would have to say natural skin tone from above, is closest to Brown, and my Goal is Olive or Medium. What's yours?

Different types of shade of skin [ 38 Answers ]

I've different types of shades of skin, whole over my body... does anybody ve this problem? I know its natural to ve different shdes in different areas bt I think I've unusual diffrence in some of the part of my skin So I want know about some product which is helpful to light the specific...

My skin lightening journey (pics included) [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everybody, I have been on that forum for quite a while and was a silent lurker for years. But anyway a short introduction. Im 18 years old and longing for a smoother, lighter and more even skin. I can't exactly say what celebrity would match my skin colour as they appear different depending...

How to make a drum shade pendant out of lamp shade [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently purchased a fabulous drum lamp shade. I'd like to turn it into a hanging hardwired lighting fixture to hang from my ceiling. Is there a special kit to do this? I cannot afford to just buy a drum shade fixture already made. They are rather pricey (for our budget). Thanks!

View more questions Search